Another "which Clark" discussion

I have an older NA and I'm thinking of adding another. On the face of it the NZ-250 sounds like just the ticket, even though I've never felt especially claustrophobic in the old one, but I' not too sure about the detached tarp.

I kind of like the attached tarp of the NA since it keeps everything together in one place and I "think" having it attached would help to keep it a bit more stable.

I kind of like the idea of the of the spreaders on the NX in how they keep the hammock in a more open configuration, but I'm not sure I like the reality of having a couple extra parts to keep track of and contend with.

Right now I'n leaning towards another NA or possibly the bigger 200, with as big a tarp as I can get.

I know it's a rather subjective topic but I'd be more than happy to hear the opiniions, along with backup arguments, of informed sources.

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    sounds like one of your questions is if you're gonna like having a detatched tarp. You could detatch your tarp from your hammock that you have now and try it that way for a trip or two and see what you think. When I first detatched my tarp, I made real sure that I put ropes on my hammock netting that matched up with the ropes on my tarp so I could return it back the way it started if I didn't like it. Maybe even take pictures!! have fun!!

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    [QUOTE=tgreening;230436]I have an older NA and I'm thinking of adding another. On the face of it the NZ-250 sounds like just the ticket, even though I've never felt especially claustrophobic in the old one, but I' not too sure about the detached tarp.

I kind of like the attached tarp of the NA since it keeps everything together in one place and I "think" having it attached would help to keep it a bit more stable.

I kind of like the idea of the of the spreaders on the NX in how they keep the hammock in a more open configuration, but I'm not sure I like the reality of having a couple extra parts to keep track of and contend with.

Right now I'n leaning towards another NA or possibly the bigger 200, with as big a tarp as I can get.

Here are a couple of ways to deal with "extra parts".

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=15881

I think the NX 250 is light years ahead of the NA when it comes to space. Those spreader bars are sweet and well worth dealing with the poles IMO. If you want a true four season hammock, you'd be hard pressed to find a better choice than the NX 250.

Miguel

• + New Posts