mods for singlenest

hey guys. i've been hammock camping for almost a year now , and i've been using my eno single nest the whole time. im going to get a BB before the summer hiking season , but for a few months im gonna stick it out with my eno. anyways , while im dealing with it i want to see how much better i can make it. who knows , maybe i'll end up liking it enough not to get a different one.
    the things i dont like about it are 1. the banana shape (prefer lying in asym hammocks 2. my pad wont stay put 3. its not open enough

can anyone tell me what improvements i can make that might help me out?

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Thats the single wide hammock...can't really change it without adding more material, not a recommendation, just the way it is. Keep it for a spare and get a wider hammock or diy one with some 60 inch wide fabric.

Hanging your single with a lot of sag can improve things for you presently. Have you tried a ridgeline yet? Tie some sturdy line to each end and adjust tighter or looser to find your sweet spot.
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    The body of asym hammocks are actually rectangles...it's the bug net on the HH and the footbox/shelf/zipper panel on the Blackbird that makes them lay like an asym. So...that means you should be able to get the same lay with any appropriately-sized rectangle of fabric if you play with it enough. It's not exactly that easy in my experience...but you can definitely change how the hammock lays by adjusting the sag, the end gathering method, pulling out or relaxing the long edges, etc.

Have you used a structural ridgeline to create a lot of sag?
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    DIY WBBB
    Tarp
    DIY 10x10 Cat cut
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Try using a treking pole to spread out the faberic at the head end on the hammock. This should give you a more open feel that you are looking for. I will say that you can only do this while you are in the hammock because the tension is what will hold the pole in place.

thanks for the ideas guys , i actually just got back from a 1 nighter. i was so freezing cold last night. i might just go all out , and buy a new hammock and an under quilt. not really sure how to go about the whole ridge line idea , but i tried using an old slap strap from one biner to the other , and it didnt seem to do much , although it was pretty tight and did help me hang my hat and headlamp.

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    Eno Pro Tarp
    Insulation
    Thermarest prolite
    Suspension
    webbing to d-ring
    I have both a single and double from Eno. My double is my primary means of sleeping that way I can get the diagonal sleep and be relatively flat. My single (the first purchase, oops had the same problem with sag and confort) hangs below me for pack storage to get my gear off the ground and out of they way of critters.

• + New Posts