Had my first hang with a KAQ this weekend and I pulled a rookie mistake. I stuck my fleece betweek the hammock and the UQ near the foot end. I guess I was thinging of reports of HH users doing that with SS. But all I ended up doing was adding weight to the quilt so it drooped, creating extra air space instead of a snug fit. Dough!

The temp got down to 30 Friday night. I cheated and used a catalytic heater (an idea from another thread last week) that I haven't used in 8 years. I was down right toasty in my Guide Gear fleece pants and shirt and a 30 degree bag as a top quilt. When the propane ran out I got chilled so I unrolled a Ozark fleece bag that I tossed over me and I sort of rolled back and forth so that most of my body was on the bags as well. I was chilled but not terribly uncomfortable.

The next night it was 37 degrees and I corrected my mistake. I was still a little cool by morning. I think I need to play with the suspension a little to get it snugger. I was using a steep pitch on my Winter Dream tarp so the HH side pull outs where at a steep angle too instead of more horizontal as I usually do with the stock tarp. I wonder if that causes the quilt to droop at the torso, which would account for the coolness on my back. (the ends where cinched tight in winter mode). Has anyone supplimented the suspension to ull it tighter up against the body, like by adding a shock cord between the side loops to go over the top of the ridge line?