WBBB 1.7Dbl & Clark NA for winter
    Tarp
    Custom made for me
    Insulation
    Te-Wa UQ, SPE
    Suspension
    whoopie or cinch

Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback. Ya I have learned alot from you guys, and SHUG! lol I love that GINGER man. I'm a ginger too.... a cool chick version of course.

The temps got to 32 at night. Like I said, I took the windsheild thing and put it under me. It work great.

The GG pad is HUGE. I haven't cut it down yet. It went into the footbox, across to the hammock opening, and the length went all the way under my toosh. A 3/4 UQ. I think that is why I had problems there with gaps. The UQ fit nicely under my shoulders. Immediate heat, was nice. But I think the gap under my bottom was due to the GG bunching/rolling in between the layers, causing the hammock base layer to curve up and away from the UQ. So Trimming that GG pad down to just what I need for coverage, and hooking up another tab/shockcord system for the toosh side of the UQ might just fix the problem.

I'd love to be able to drop the windsheild thing period. It was a nice back up, but not efficient for bulk on my pack. The GG pad has to work. Te-Wa and a bunch of others seem to be fine with the 2. I'm just a winter wuss.

The winds came and went...10 mph max. It was so windy earlier in the day. Calmed down right around dinner/video time. Had to prepare just in case.

Like I said, I did get some condensation on the top of my sleeping bag on the feet area. Not noticable on the inside. That Reflector is Amazing. I think that does it all. More trials. Looks like I'll be carrying more than I need to synchronize this system.

Heading to Reavis Ranch in the Phoenix mountains this weekend for another trial. I'm determined to keep my total pack weight under 30-35lbs.

Thank you all for checking my first video out. I look forward to making more. I know I watched endless videos to figure out the best set up for me.

Those whoopie slings saved me so much weight on that Clark. But I got in the BB....ahhhh..the BB. I think I'm in love. Is that possible to love your hammock too much? I get the addiction.

p.s. My Tarp is "Cantelope" from Backwoods Daydreamer. But in reality, it looks like "Construction worker orange" I like LOUD! That way I do not climb into someone else's hammock after a midnight potty break AHHHH "its' a GINGER BEAR!"
    It's not the pace....it's the experience.

SKITTLES

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    That was quite the hammocky tarpish down-filled wonderment kinda tour!!!!
    I too like to snug my winter uq with some shock-cord to the ridgeline. That way I know I am sleeping warm butted.
    Red on the Head, Few and Far Between , The Best of All the Rest.
    Whoooooo Ginger.
    Nice.
    Shug the Ginger Man
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    HH UExpl; WBBB; JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    CCS; HH Hex; WB Su
    Insulation
    MW-3, Sierra Sniv
    Suspension
    Woopie, Dutch Clip
    Whoa, color-rama! Is that BB really hammock pink? 'cause if it is, you got a flamingo.

So at the end when you're talking about the equipment, my wife cruises by and hears a female voice, "SEXXXYtarp, UNDERquilt, SEXYthis, SEXYthat" I get THE look and, "now what are you watching?"

~"Nothingreallyhoney" bill
    Not all who wander are lost.

Hammock
    HH Explorer UL w/ zipper mod
    Insulation
    Te-wa UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by canoeski View Post
    Whoa, color-rama! Is that BB really hammock pink? 'cause if it is, you got a flamingo.

So at the end when you're talking about the equipment, my wife cruises by and hears a female voice, "SEXXXYtarp, UNDERquilt, SEXYthis, SEXYthat" I get THE look and, "now what are you watching?"

Yeah, I had to ask myself, "What is she talking about being sexy?" when we were all at the camp fire and she was wandering around the hammocks. Now I know what she was doing...lol
    Does the learning and DROOLING never end?

BroHamm = Brother of the Hammock

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7Dbl & Clark NA for winter
    Tarp
    Custom made for me
    Insulation
    Te-Wa UQ, SPE
    Suspension
    whoopie or cinch
    Quote Originally Posted by canoeski View Post

So I get excited over the small stuff..... ok, the "HUGE stuff" I love all my stuff. I wish I could carry all my gear at the same time so I can play with it on my trips. This stuff is so FREAKEN cool! Boys get all the cool stuff in the beginning, until us girls take it over. "That's mine, That's mine. Yep that's mine too." HA
    It's not the pace....it's the experience.

SKITTLES

Hammock
    HH Explorer UL w/ zipper mod
    Insulation
    Te-wa UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmarbleshoe View Post
    So I get excited over the small stuff..... ok, the "HUGE stuff" I love all my stuff. I wish I could carry all my gear at the same time so I can play with it on my trips. This stuff is so FREAKEN cool! Boys get all the cool stuff in the beginning, until us girls take it over. "That's mine, That's mine. Yep that's mine too." HA
    Yep. Pretty much how it goes...
    Does the learning and DROOLING never end?

BroHamm = Brother of the Hammock

Hammock
    HH UExpl; WBBB; JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    CCS; HH Hex; WB Su
    Insulation
    MW-3, Sierra Sniv
    Suspension
    Woopie, Dutch Clip
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmarbleshoe View Post
    Well, I enjoyed the video and your enthusiasm.

I'm man enough to wear a pink shirt, but the tarp... gotta draw the line somewhere!
    Not all who wander are lost.

Hammock
    WBB1.7, HH EXP UL , Claytor Nonet
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, RMS
    Suspension
    buckles or whoopie
    Images

Thumbs up wow

Very cool, thanks for sharing!!!
    cgul

Hammock
    Warbonnet BlackBird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet SuperFly
    Insulation
    3 Season Incubator
    Suspension
    DiY Whoopie Slings
    Images
    They wife and I watched your video last night and she is now sooooo excited about our car camping trip that's coming up this weekend.

Thank you and everyone else for the great inspirational videos you all have taken the time to post.

Hammock
    Warbonnet 1.7 dbl.
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    foam pad
    Suspension
    Warbonnet web
    Great video,thanks for sharing.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast