Tarp
    OES Custom 12x10
    Insulation
    JRB Stealth
    Suspension
    AHE Web+Whoopies

Hello from Hammock deprived Singapore!

Hi!

I'm surprised to see the varies amount of hammock designs and suspension/shelter methods in the forum! (read: hammock virgin)

I'm from Singapore, a country with not much green to hang from (other than the coastal parks) and our shops have very limited hammock choices other than the typical chinese army green clone hammocks!!

I've got 2 of those broke/tore but nonetheless, after an enjoyable 3 week hammock camping in borneo & thailand (as part of my 2yr national service/army training during non tact moments) in the wet rainforest, I'm hooked!
    Reading up on the forums has helped me understood why my hammock sagged and what I didn't do (or have) that make my tarps fail during those 3 days non stop rains in borneo!

Now I'm looking to get back to hammock camping (in more parks/reserve less jungle (primary forest) environment!

I've gotten myself a set of TTTM hammocks for some hanging fun, added some suspension accessories from arrowhead and hopefully, source some nice timeout location in Asia for some Hammock R&R!

Now to look for some tarps for shelter!

Cheers!

Hammock
    WBBB,Travler
    Tarp
    SWT
    Quote Originally Posted by viix View Post
    Hi!

I'm from Singapore, ..enjoyable 3 week hammock camping in borneo & thailand ... in the wet rainforest, I'm hooked!

I've gotten myself a set of TTTM hammocks

Cheers!
    Welcome to the forum.

I had to google TTTM to see what hammock you have. Too many acronyms to remember them all.

I would think you have little use for under quilts or pads. Or am I mistaken?
    Just a good tarp as mentioned and a good bug net.

David

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Welcome viix, been learning a little bit about your country recently, we have some of your air men here at Mountain Home Air Force Base training. Glad to see you found us for some gear to get your TTTM's all set up.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    TTTM King, TTTM Single, Switchback!
    Tarp
    OES Custom 12x10
    Insulation
    JRB Stealth
    Suspension
    AHE Web+Whoopies
    Hi David,

Yes, under quilts and pads aren't required unless maybe some light pads for some comfort.. the temperatures in this region usually hovers around 34º Celsius (around 94 Fahrenheit) daytime and 28º C (77º F) and I've sweat buckets just laying in the thicker nylon army style hammocks..

I went with TTTM because of the thinner fabrics and they seem more suitable for these climates.

Tarps will be important since monsoons are a problem during the nov-feb season with non stop rains whereas bugnets aren't necessary since a good permathrim soak or repellant will suffices..

And Paul! Thanks for the note on the rings (again..)
    Yes, we have some air men training on the newly acquire f15 platform over at Idaho as our local airspace is very limited (considering our small country and literally young citizen army)
    While we can get anywhere in the country within 30 mins of travel, the shops don't really stock alot of outdoor gears. If they did, they are priced ridiculously high or have very limited range (usually generic walmart equivalent chinese brands..)
    Last edited by viix; 03-24-2010 at 12:12.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB DL 1.1 & Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Black MacCat Del.
    Insulation
    Yeti 3,4 & HRQ/HGB
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopie
    Images
    Welcome to the forum Viix. Sounds like you;ve paid your dues. Now its time for the fun to begin,,,good luck
    " The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."

“The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer

www.birchsidecustomwoodwork.com

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Welcome Viix. Maybe at some point you could post a few pictures of your hammock set ups in the jungles.
    That would be neat to see for those of us who have never been there!
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by viix View Post
    Hi!

I'm surprised to see the varies amount of hammock designs and suspension/shelter methods in the forum! (read: hammock virgin)

I'm from Singapore, a country with not much green to hang from (other than the coastal parks) and our shops have very limited hammock choices other than the typical chinese army green clone hammocks!!

I've got 2 of those broke/tore but nonetheless, after an enjoyable 3 week hammock camping in borneo & thailand (as part of my 2yr national service/army training during non tact moments) in the wet rainforest, I'm hooked!
    Reading up on the forums has helped me understood why my hammock sagged and what I didn't do (or have) that make my tarps fail during those 3 days non stop rains in borneo!

Now I'm looking to get back to hammock camping (in more parks/reserve less jungle (primary forest) environment!

I've gotten myself a set of TTTM hammocks for some hanging fun, added some suspension accessories from arrowhead and hopefully, source some nice timeout location in Asia for some Hammock R&R!

Cheers!
    you can order a claytor jungle hammock free shippingneo

http://www.mosquitohammock.com/

http://www.mosquitohammock.com/junglehammock.html

here are a few of my personal claytor jungle hammock pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    the matrix has you

Hammock
    TTTM King, TTTM Single, Switchback!
    Tarp
    OES Custom 12x10
    Insulation
    JRB Stealth
    Suspension
    AHE Web+Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    you can order a claytor jungle hammock free shippingneo

http://www.mosquitohammock.com/

http://www.mosquitohammock.com/junglehammock.html

here are a few of my personal claytor jungle hammock pics.
    Great stuff Neo! I've tried the claytor hammocks & tarps during my thailand trip some time back and they were great. I loaned a set from my liason when mine failed during a non stop pour at the Ratchaburi training area. Would love to own one but I've gone for something non stealthy by asking Brian to make me a nice big "mustardman 10x12 tarp" for hammock hangin' with the wife!
    Last edited by viix; 03-30-2010 at 04:58.

• + New Posts