diy fiddle factor
    Tarp
    diy cat cut hex
    Insulation
    whatever
    Suspension
    openable whoopies
    Images
    you could make it like a big hair net.there would be slits on the ends so you could slide it over your suspension.there would be shock cord along the bottom edges.end the shock cord and run it out of the netting before it reaches the slits.
    so you would hang hammock. drape net over hung hammock.the slits that fit over the suspension on each end will be under the hammock ends now,and since the shock cord does not go all the way to the end there is slack netting here that can be tucked under each other,after you tie or mitten hook the shock cord together on each end,under hammock.(so you have a continuous ring of shockcord under hammock) lift net get in hammock allow shock cord to pull net down were it will stay snug up against sides of hammock.
    hope this makes sense.i can picture it clearly but have found describing that picture to others is difficult.
    bill

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stevebo View Post
    I am working on making a bug net for my hammock----is there a way to make a bug net without using velcro or a zipper? I was thinking about having the bug net go all around the hammock, with draw strings at each end. The only catch is , how do you enter and exit the darn thing?
    This is how the TrekLight bugnet works. It's basically just a really big tube with drawstrings on the ends. The few times I've used it, I just got into the hammock with the netting pushed to one end. Then I slid the netting tube over the hammock to the end and pulled the cinch cord. Getting in and securing it is pretty easy. Just be sure to take your laptop with you when you test it. You'll need to start a new thread titled "How The %#$& Do I Get Out Of This Thing?"

Seriously, I haven't found a graceful way to do that yet. Good thing bugnetting testing weather is finally upon us.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    8x10 DIY (speer)
    Insulation
    KAQ Lost River
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Here's a recent thread...

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=15385

The other option would be to make a bugnet cover and use a drawstring that goes around the bottom of the net/hammock. If you use shock cord, it'd be easier...

There was a lot of discussion around covering the bottom of the hammock to avoid Premerethrin or to avoid listening to the mosquitos hovering under the hammock near your head...

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    i'm going to be starting my bugnet on the weekend ...i'm going to make it just like jeff's hammock sock...slide right over the hammock
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Hammock
    Warbonnets!
    Tarp
    OES, WB
    Insulation
    Crowsnest, Leighs
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckles
    I'm thinking about trying to hang one of these from my Traveler's ridgeline.
    http://www.gotogazzos.com/catalog/pr...1359&pid=66066
    It's only an addiction if you're trying to quit

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Thanks for the help guys!
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    Many
    Tarp
    Depends
    Insulation
    HG,JRB,Leigh,Speer
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Images
    The thought of finding and fighting shock cord on the bottom of my hammock in the middle of the night would not appeal to me, especially when my bladder depends on it.

I really like the top only coverage of a Speer, and I've been considering Risk's approach ( albeit with darker netting). There's just something comforting about knowing that you can escape your bug net using brute force when needed without damaging your gear.

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wisenber View Post
    There's just something comforting about knowing that you can escape your bug net using brute force when needed without damaging your gear.
    Exactly! That's why I'm making a no-see-um-sock-with-SEEP. Flip the side over the ridgeline and hop right out!

- MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Ultra Light
    Tarp
    Equinox 8x10
    Insulation
    Army Poncho Liner
    Suspension
    Webbing + Whoopies
    Mac,

I really like your SEEP. Do you plan on adding insulation to your summer version as well? I've been trying to come up with a bugnet solution and have to agree with Wisenber, easy exit and entry is important when the warm and cozy and the bladder alarm goes off.
    “the earth does not belong to man, man belongs to the earth" - Chief Seattle

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12