WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

zipper less bug net?

I am working on making a bug net for my hammock----is there a way to make a bug net without using velcro or a zipper? I was thinking about having the bug net go all around the hammock, with draw strings at each end. The only catch is , how do you enter and exit the darn thing?
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Big, wide end that cinches down like a hammock sock. Pull it up around you.......
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    DIY of the Day
    Tarp
    DIY of the Day
    Insulation
    DIY PLoft/IX-UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    WS or Spyder Line
    Images
    I use a simple 'drape' method. I lay my bugnet over the ridgeline and simply grip-clip the ends. If it's windy I simply hang a stuff sack from the grip-clips. Never had a problem. Bugs aren't smart enough to try and find their way from you, down the net, under, and inside, to get to you. They follow heat signatures which only go up!
    2015 John Rock Spreadsheet.

"If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing you should do is STOP DIGGING "

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Cinch cord-style tube works fine. Make a tube big enough to allow for uq's and you. Slide it on the foot end of hammock, climb in slide it around you, up past your head and cinch it. For conveinence sake you can add a zipper to your tube for entry/exit/egress/food grab portal.
    I like the tube/wrap around net, keeps critters away from the bottom of the hammock too.
    I diy'd mine. Theres a thread(s) about the tube style nets. Or Brandon sells them.
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    I have seen folks attatch some lines hanging down around the bottom. They add weights( rocks or whatever) to the lines to keep the net against the hammock.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stevebo View Post
    I am working on making a bug net for my hammock----is there a way to make a bug net without using velcro or a zipper? I was thinking about having the bug net go all around the hammock, with draw strings at each end. The only catch is , how do you enter and exit the darn thing?

this is how risk does it it is a drape over bug net set up.it works for himneo

http://www.imrisk.com/hammock/ultraquarterweight.htm
    the matrix has you

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    its seems to work for both him and his wifeneo

http://www.imrisk.com/zalenski/zalenski0703.htm
    the matrix has you

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    I'm about to make one that is patterned after my hammock sock with SEEP (side entry/exit portal). No fasteners of any kind, but a good seal from the overlapping closure.

Your hammock will be totally enclosed in a no-see-um sock, without a zipper or velcro to impede egress.

- MacEntyre

[Don't tell anybody... but the No-See-Um Sock w/ SEEP will be a new Molly Mac product offering soon!]
    Last edited by MacEntyre; 03-30-2010 at 13:17.
    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Thanks for the info! Someone mentioned a thread about tube style bug nets-----I couldnt find it---------does any one have alink? Also, Mac, what are the rough dimensions of your hammock sock? Did you ever come up with a side opening that works? I was kind of leaning toward a design like yours.
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    Here's Just Jeff's page on bugnets, which includes something like you are interested in...

Here is a post that discusses something similar.
    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast