WBBB1.1/DIY Asym
    Tarp
    Modded Guide Gear
    Insulation
    GoLiteTQ/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware

First time poster

Hello all, looks like you have a fantastic, knowledgeable and helpful group here and I am excited to be a new member and also a new "Hanger". Extremely interested in ordering the Warbonet BB from Brandon, Brandon seems to be his name. Thought I would get the just of the whole business by trying out an ENO double for starters. Seemed like a good way to get a feel for swinging before I went out and laid down the big bones for the full outfit. In any case, I am having an issue with my new ENO. It seems to be developing a "lean" if you will. I am thinking this is not normal or at least hope it is not. To me, the problem seems to be at whatever knots the manufacturer uses at the ends of the hammock. But, I have very little idea of what's really going on here. Could there be something I am doing wrong here? Could it just be a bad Hammock? REI has said to bring it in. I am sure some of you will require more info on how I set it up. What I can tell you is that I opted not to purchase the Slap straps and instead go with a pair of lighter carabiners, and some webbing I picked up from the REI climbing department. The Double Nest has the manufactured ends, the loops, connected to the carabiners, which then connect to the webbing, which are then connected to the tie points(trees). The side of the Hammock with the attached stuff sack sags about 6 inches lower than its opposite. Info appreciated.

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Welcome, on your eno check that the ropes are riding straight thru the channel, you might have a twist or the ropes knot is kinked in the channel. And the channels not ripped.
    Careful with the climbing webbing from rei, its probably nylon and streeetches like crazy. get some polypropylene webbing. rei has a good return policy take your hammock back and get a new one, is an option, too.
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

Hammock
    DIY Stretch-Side
    Tarp
    DIY Cat Cut Hex
    Insulation
    Phoenix and Nest
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    Welcome!

If you're perceiving some lean it may be that you need to shift your center of gravity. A hammock simply hangs from two points so unless Eno made a major mistake when sewing the hammock you can solve your problem by altering where you lay in the fabric.

The first night of a backpacking trip my daughter thought she had the same problem with her Hennessy. By the second night she figured out it was her and not the hammock and she slept like a baby.
    Knotty
    "Don't speak unless it improves the silence." -proverb
    DIY Gathered End Hammock
    DIY Stretch-Side Hammock
    Stretch-Side "Knotty Mod"
    DIY Bugnet

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 dbl layer.
    Tarp
    WB Big Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Crowsnest & Burrow
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Welcome to the forum ...
    Questtrek
    "In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks". John Muir.

Hammock
    WBBB1.1/DIY Asym
    Tarp
    Modded Guide Gear
    Insulation
    GoLiteTQ/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    First, thank you for the welcomes and the responses so quickly. Second, The lean is very visible when I am not in the Hammock. From a few feet back, one can see that the side with the stuff sack lays lower than the other side.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    welcome to the forum! Be careful, this forum and the whole hammock /making your own gear thing is extremely addicting. Its really fun---you'll have a great time!
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    DIY Stretch-Side
    Tarp
    DIY Cat Cut Hex
    Insulation
    Phoenix and Nest
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NJKranz View Post
    First, thank you for the welcomes and the responses so quickly. Second, The lean is very visible when I am not in the Hammock. From a few feet back, one can see that the side with the stuff sack lays lower than the other side.
    Still, once you are in it your body mass and position will determine the hammock's attitude.

Are you laying on a diagonal? While on the diagonal try moving where your but is relative to the two sides and see how this affects things. Also try shifting front to back some. Finally, most people hang the foot end a few inches higher than the head end.

Good luck.
    Knotty
    "Don't speak unless it improves the silence." -proverb
    DIY Gathered End Hammock
    DIY Stretch-Side Hammock
    Stretch-Side "Knotty Mod"
    DIY Bugnet

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 double
    Tarp
    MatCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    MW3, JRB Nest
    Suspension
    Straps, Webbing

welcome

hide your wallet, cause the stuff you get from this website (knowledge) is free, but the equipment you fall into buying will break the bank...

• + New Posts