Switchback/DD Superlight
    Tarp
    BDD/DDH SL
    Insulation
    JRBShen/AHE/DDH UB
    Suspension
    Straps/DC-DDH susp

The Switchback Arrived!

Thanks, Dale, for processing the order quickly.

With so many people recommending the BB, I still went with the SB because I wanted the capability of sleeping in whichever direction I wanted. Like the option of opening (zipper on both sides) and tying the net to the included ridgeline. Also wanted the spacious feeling of the spreader bars.

I got the 1.9 (1.7?) double and thought it might be too bulky, but was pleasantly surprised when I saw the size of the priority mail box.

I slept in it last night on the back deck (I imagine temps went to ab. 60-ish). I put two flimsy foam-lined silver windshield reflectors (from Dollar Tree) and discovered that it wasn't enough. Was still a bit chilly underneath.

I have the JRB Shenandoah UQ, but want to find something to put inside.

The Therm-A-Rest doesn't appeal to me because it's narrow and if I move then I'm off the mat.

I have the 1/4" GG wide thinlight and it is huge. They said that people lie on it and have their bodies traced with a marker and then they cut. I can see that working in a BB when the "lie" is fixed.

How about a wool blanket?

I was even able to switch to the other side when I realized that the moon was in my eyes. Forgot to move my flashlight and the zipper pulls.

I was very comfortable. Don't like the descender rings and will be ordering whoopie slings when I return from my trip - trailer camping in FL State Parks, so no hanging allowed.

The only problem I had was that the spreader bars kept popping out. Any suggestions on how to keep them in place?

i may not be able to log on, but I'd appreciate private messages to sandykayak at yahoo dot com. I'll be mulling this issue in my mind.

I have BWDD's 4-season tarp (in a nice navy). I call it the Shady Lady, but did not set it up.

thanks

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sandykayak View Post
    The only problem I had was that the spreader bars kept popping out. Any suggestions on how to keep them in place?
    I stopped using em. I just tie the netting all 'A frame' style. Still quite roomy even without the netting spreaders.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Switchback 1.9DL
    Tarp
    10x12 TTTG CatCut
    Insulation
    PolarPod
    Suspension
    TTTG Ring Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sandykayak View Post
    Thanks, Dale, for processing the order quickly.

With so many people recommending the BB, I still went with the SB because I wanted the capability of sleeping in whichever direction I wanted. Like the option of opening (zipper on both sides) and tying the net to the included ridgeline. Also wanted the spacious feeling of the spreader bars.

I got the 1.9 (1.7?) double and thought it might be too bulky, but was pleasantly surprised when I saw the size of the priority mail box.

I slept in it last night on the back deck (I imagine temps went to ab. 60-ish). I put two flimsy foam-lined silver windshield reflectors (from Dollar Tree) and discovered that it wasn't enough. Was still a bit chilly underneath.

I have the JRB Shenandoah UQ, but want to find something to put inside.

The Therm-A-Rest doesn't appeal to me because it's narrow and if I move then I'm off the mat.

I have the 1/4" GG wide thinlight and it is huge. They said that people lie on it and have their bodies traced with a marker and then they cut. I can see that working in a BB when the "lie" is fixed.

How about a wool blanket?

I was even able to switch to the other side when I realized that the moon was in my eyes. Forgot to move my flashlight and the zipper pulls.

I was very comfortable. Don't like the descender rings and will be ordering whoopie slings when I return from my trip - trailer camping in FL State Parks, so no hanging allowed.

i may not be able to log on, but I'd appreciate private messages to sandykayak at yahoo dot com. I'll be mulling this issue in my mind.

I have BWDD's 4-season tarp (in a nice navy). I call it the Shady Lady, but did not set it up.

thanks
    Hey Sandy,

I am confused about the spreader bars. I have never seen this before. Did I forget to sew the end loops? I stitch the outside edge of each end loop to form a pocket to hold the spreader bars in place. If I forgot to do this, PM me & I will rectify this ASAP.

Cheers, Dale
    Beer won't solve problems, but then again, neither will milk !
    Designer of the Switchback Hammock
    Tree to Tree Trail Gear:http://tttrailgear.com

• + New Posts