Tarp
    7'x9' cuben tarp
    Insulation
    Pads and quilts
    Suspension
    Kevlar + dynaglide
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk-eye View Post
    If I'm not mistaken ... AHE has them too. Not sure the weight. Man those things are tiny though ... from seeing them on your rig!
    They absolutely do. But I don't know the weight. AHE stuff is excellent as well.
    NO SNIVELING!
    www.hikinghq.net - Hiking H.Q.
    www.bmtguide.com - the BMT Thru Hiker's Guide

Hammock
    DIY 11' double layer 1.1
    Tarp
    huge DIY camo
    Insulation
    DIY 9oz. Primaloft
    Suspension
    7/64"whoopie sling
    Quote Originally Posted by Festus Hagen View Post
    The micro 'biners weigh 3.2 grams each, all three of them together only weigh .338 ounce. I added the one to the bowline loop because I don't want to *have* to remove the ridgeline from the tarp every time I pitch it and take it down (I guess I could make a much larger loop and pass the whole works, tarp and all through there but it just seems slow and clumsy, and would probably weigh as much or more?). With the ones I use on the tarp, it just gives me a quick option to remove the tarp from the ridgeline if I want to. For example, I might decide after pitching that I want to run the tarp under, instead of over the ridgeline... pull one stake and the two clips and I can switch it around. Speed and convenience vs. weight <shrugs>
    What I do instead of the little biner on the tarp, that's probably just as fast, and faster to break down:
    After I wrap the ridgeline around the tree, I pop a bight from the standing end through the bowline on the end, and stick a little twig through the bight to keep it there. I use really small twigs, and when breaking camp, I either just slip them out, or break them with a quick tug. No weight, and very fast.
    Granted, it would only save you a couple of grams, but it's a tad bit simpler, and debatably faster, so HYOH and YMMV.

If you need/want a picture, I'm sure i can come up with something.

Acer
    It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Formerly known as Acercanto, my trail name is MacGuyver to some, and Pucker Factor to others.

It's not procrastinating, its proactively delaying the implementation of the energy-intensive phase of the project until the enthusiasm factor is at its maximum effectiveness. - Randy Glasbergen

Hammock
    BMBH UL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    JRB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Yeah I should have checked back for the exact number but the 300+ user stuck in my mind more from some PMs Paul and I went back and forth on. Sorry and thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Festus Hagen View Post
    Check again:

From the AHE store- "Rated to 1000 pound tensile strength Dynaglide is safe for hammock users up to 225 pounds" "Special Instructions: Do you weigh LESS than 225 Pounds?"

And from whoopieslings.com- "There is a 200 pound hammocker weight limit on these, so if you are over 200 pounds, then these aren't for you."

Props to those who wish to push the envelope, I'm gonna pass though I hate falling to the ground almost as much as I hate sleeping there!

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234