Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Joyous Tiding

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slowhike View Post
    well i'm glad to hear some one say something<g>.
    i appreciate the supportive words i've gotten from a few, but i have to say, the silence from the rest makes me wonder if people are chatting back & forth in private, talking about what a self righteous dog i am

i really shouldn't make light at all of the situation because i really am sorry that teedee was that disturbed by the whole thing.
    i hope we can all learn from that episode (me too... absolutely)...............
    Well, I probably would jump to your defence Tim, but I can't for lack of info. I can see that you finally had a fairly heated response to TeeDee, but for all I know it might have been called for due to to a harsh or over critical post from TeeDee. I tried to find out by going back and reading all applicable posts, but of course I can't, because they are DELETED! However, after many months at this site, I can say I have never seen a harsh response from you to anyone about anything, other than possibly the last response to TeeDee. And your responses to TeeDee's "Goodbye" post, and since then, were certainly conciliatory enough.

Since the posts/evidence are gone by the will of TeeDee, and based on your previous history as poster and moderator, there is certainly no way I can judge you in any kind of negative light. But others who followed the entire thread maybe can judge either in your favor or TeeDee's. But even on the possibility that your somewhat heated response was somewhat overdone
    (and for all I know it was not at all ), it still doesn't seem worthy of the response. Maybe an angry reply, mounting a stout defence to let you know what he thinks of you and your moma. It seems to me that would have been enough. But of course, I'm not TeeDee and can not see it from his angle.

God bless you Tim, you seem to be doing a good job at this site. I hope to meet you someday at a hangout. And I also hope TeeDee is feeling better and will someday join us here again, giving us the benefit of his observations.
    Bill
    Last edited by BillyBob58; 08-10-2007 at 20:55.

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    if i sounded like i wanted people to take sides, i didn't.
    i guess i just felt unsure as to if people felt i had been to out of line in my response.
    but those that just posted above are right.... time to move on.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    Homemade, gathered-end
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Dubs View Post
    I'd tell anyone to stay here, post away, use 'ignore' as a filter.
    I use it on WB for about 3 people, and my time there has really gotten nicer.

I honestly think that this is the gentlest forum that I've ever participated in, but I haven't been reading the Bridge Hammock thread.

Sorry for the problems. Prayer and understanding can really help. Really.

Hammock
    Homemade, gathered-end
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    Plus, who is the Grizz going to geek out with now?
    I'm a math geek. I'll volunteer.

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    I'm a math geek. I'll volunteer.
    hot dawg! you're on. Coming up next, analysis of a technique on shedding compression forces on the spreader bar in the bridge hammock before they bend your hiking poles.

after I get the last kinks in the under netting worked out

Grizz

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis &amp; Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Grizz has a new friend! Let the math games begin.

Hammock
    Homemade, gathered-end
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    hot dawg! you're on. Coming up next, analysis of a technique on shedding compression forces on the spreader bar in the bridge hammock before they bend your hiking poles.
    First WAG: Lengthen the hypotenuse of the rope triangle used in the suspension. That will increase the pull on the catenary curve on the sides of the hammock, and decrease the inward force against the trekking pole. The first thing that struck me on the Australian hammock was the short length of the double lines at the end.

My mathematics skills lie mainly in Algebra and Trig. I combine them to make a kind of low-level 3D calculus. aFter all, the game makers and special-effects guys will tell you that you can do everything with triangles, if you just go small enough. OH/AH/OA and getting X alone on one side of the equation has usually done everything for me that I've needed it to. Solving for multiple variables takes me longer, but I've still got that big doorstop of a college text somewhere!

I was the go-to guy as far as mathing things out when I worked in the machine shop for 15 years. Trig works better than WAG most days, though my dad was pretty amazing with a string and pencil at times.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234