Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 10'x11'
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Joyous Tiding

After reading and replying to slowhike's vicarious attack last night I became physically ill.

I found the cause of my sudden illness to be the palpable hate coming from slowhike through his posting.

I have further found the Hammock forums to be quite toxic for me now.

For this reason, I have read no further postings nor will I be making any further postings.

One night of physical illness due to the hate directed at me was quite enough.

If anybody is waiting for any further replies by me on the particular subject, I am glad to disappoint you.

I have done what I can to cut all psychic connections to the forums as much as I can.

I will be making no further postings on any subject to keep any energetic connection to the forums cut. The hate directed at me by slowhike's posting and his poisoning of the forums thereby will ensure that I never again view any part of the Hammock Forums.

I know that there will be many who will get much joyous pleasure from my departure from the forums and that doesn't really bother me.

Many are joyous to see me leave
    and
    I leave you joyously.

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    even though you probably won't be reading this teedee, i'm sorry you've seen such great hate where it wasn't, & chosen this path.
    i wish we could have come to a more sensible understanding.
    like it or not, i'll be praying for you (& me too) & hoping you'll have a change of heart. ...tim
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Images
    Wow, what in the world happened? Something must have happened in a thread I was not following, because I don't even remember seeing any significant bad blood flowing. I've seen a little occasional testiness and plenty of very opinionated posts from all of us, but nothing of extreme hostility or insult from anyone. I don't know who said what ( I some how missed it all ) or who was in the wrong, but TeeDee, I will miss your extremely helpful and informative posts and test results. There are many very helpful posters at this forum, I am glad to say.
    Bill

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Wow, what in the world happened?
    There was a misunderstanding between slowhike and TeeDee in the Bridge Hammock thread, but it's pretty much too late to figure it all out. It looks like TeeDee deleted almost all of his posts here on the forum before he left (many hundreds across a multitude of threads).
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    It's sad to see Tee Dee leave over a misunderstanding. It's really sad to see that he deleted his posts. His contributions to the site were greatly appreciated.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    it was in the bridge hammock thread http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=1297
    unfortunately you can't see teedee's post that caused me to follow w/ a response of my own, or the thread that teedee followed mine with.
    worse yet, he deleted most of his posts, destroying the flow of the thread for those interested in making a bridge hammock. ...tim
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    There was a misunderstanding between slowhike and TeeDee in the Bridge Hammock thread, but it's pretty much too late to figure it all out. It looks like TeeDee deleted almost all of his posts here on the forum before he left (many hundreds across a multitude of threads).

OK , I didn't follow that one hardly at all, so I missed it all. That was a lot of posts to delete, must have been a lot of work. Well, I'm like Tim- I hope he rethinks it and changes his mind. And decides that it's not worth such hard feelings. I'd like to think that none of us would ever have any need for harsh words or feelings for another hammocker. I mean, it seems like it should mostly just be friends or potential friends discussing something we have all become kind of passionate about. Obviously, a lot of you guys are a lot stupider than me, but there's no reason I really have to tell you guys that, is there? ( Oh, if it was only so! I'm one of the greatest advice seekers here. All I can offer is a small amount of personal experience.! )

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ's
    Images
    I think that hammocks are normally just part of a bigger picture of hiking, camping, spending time with family and really not worth getting upset about when someone disagrees with you. I did not follow the bridge hammock thread but still can not understand why anyone would be arguing about someone else's patents when we are just doing DIY projects. You did not see the commercial vendors that participate in these forums involved in these discussions. It is just a piece of equipment that is part something else you do that is more important. Hope everyone comes back and contributes to more DIY hammock projects.

It sure is hot here, how about where you live? No need for insulation of any type this week!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HANGnOUT View Post

It sure is hot here, how about where you live? No need for insulation of any type this week!
    Nope, No argument on that one. Even the insulation of the HH net is almost too much to bear here in North Mississippi! Some of you FL guys might be even worse off. How about a DIY ultralight Hammock air conditioner? I'll be watching for the plans!

Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    It's sad to see Tee Dee leave over a misunderstanding. It's really sad to see that he deleted his posts. His contributions to the site were greatly appreciated.
    I'm fairly new here but it would take a lot to make me not frequent this board. That being said, the ignore feature can, at times, be a valued friend.

I'd tell anyone to stay here, post away, use 'ignore' as a filter.

TWS

{disclaimer} I didn't read that thread either so I don't know how bad things got to drive away a contributing member.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast