MacCat Ultra
    Insulation
    Yeti, BBO, KAQ
    Suspension
    Climbers/w/buckle

Alaska

Hammocks in Alaska...

Planning a motorcycle trip from N. Alabama to Alaska this summer.... June

Four of us will camp some of the time....will motel at times...depending on weather. Will motel it from Fairbanks north on haul road.

I would of course prefer to hammock camp....the others have tents.

Since we are traveling by roadway, we will use designated campgrounds.

So...any information about B.C. Yukon and Alaska campgrounds in general and ability to use my hammock.

Any restrictions in regard to use of trees in State or Federal Parks that area?
    Private campgrounds restrictions?

I am aware of restrictions of weapons, mace, but can use BEAR spray...
    Aware of storage of food and being "Bear and animal safe"

Assuming most campgrounds have plenty of trees.

Thanks in advance...
    "Oh Lord I pray, let me live long enough to do everything they say I have done"

camp sites

Hey man !

We have a camp site close to whitehorse. 16KMS to the south of town as you're coming in on the right hand side. Wolf creek campground. You can hangin there. I hang there. It's right by the highway ) Enjoy the Yukon! It's the best

It's government campgrounds $10 night. That one is the closest to town. Well there's Robert Service campground that's actually closer but it's not as nice
    Last edited by Bushman of yukon; 04-04-2010 at 23:21. Reason: adding more info

Hammock
    DIYZipper top entry
    Tarp
    MEC silnylon
    Images
    can comment on campgrounds in BC...... the Provincial ones charge about 15 dollars a nite ... so not cheap. Have never been hassled for using the trees in them for hanging. There are lots of spots along most highways that have very usable trees for hanging from so stealth is a pretty good way to go as well. Lots of rivers and lakes with nice spots to do an overnite. I envey your trip ..... enjoy.... stay safe.
    What I lack in knowledge I MORE than make up for with opinions.
    Green Therapy

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra
    Insulation
    Yeti, BBO, KAQ
    Suspension
    Climbers/w/buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushman of yukon View Post
    Hey man !

We have a camp site close to whitehorse. 16KMS to the south of town as you're coming in on the right hand side. Wolf creek campground. You can hangin there. I hang there. It's right by the highway ) Enjoy the Yukon! It's the best

It's government campgrounds $10 night. That one is the closest to town. Well there's Robert Service campground that's actually closer but it's not as nice
    Thanks, got it marked on the map...

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra
    Insulation
    Yeti, BBO, KAQ
    Suspension
    Climbers/w/buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by GREEN THERAPY View Post
    can comment on campgrounds in BC...... the Provincial ones charge about 15 dollars a nite ... so not cheap. Have never been hassled for using the trees in them for hanging. There are lots of spots along most highways that have very usable trees for hanging from so stealth is a pretty good way to go as well. Lots of rivers and lakes with nice spots to do an overnite. I envey your trip ..... enjoy.... stay safe.
    Thanks, that the stuff I am looking for...good info..

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB DL 1.1 & Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Black MacCat Del.
    Insulation
    Yeti 3,4 & HRQ/HGB
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopie
    Images
    If you put up your route threw BC then i could maybe give you some tips. There's allot of rec sites in BC where there is no charge, some allow overnight camping some don't. Middle of summer there could be fire restrictions but a stove is ok. BC is a big place and less than 5mill people and pretty relaxed as well . Stealth camping or not so stealth would be fine in allot of places. Bugs in the north can be quite bad in places.
    bill
    " The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."

“The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer

www.birchsidecustomwoodwork.com

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Well all that I can add--as I told you before Norwood--Is a heap of jealousy.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Sweet! Motorcycles sound like a fun way to explore. My lovely bride, her hammock hanging brother Feetz and I are headed to Alaska in late May. We're renting an RV to tool around in rather than motorcycles, and I'm not sure how much 'camping' will be done, but I know at least one hammock is going along. Very, very excited to see our potential future home state!

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra
    Insulation
    Yeti, BBO, KAQ
    Suspension
    Climbers/w/buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by mbiraman View Post
    If you put up your route threw BC then i could maybe give you some tips. There's allot of rec sites in BC where there is no charge, some allow overnight camping some don't. Middle of summer there could be fire restrictions but a stove is ok. BC is a big place and less than 5mill people and pretty relaxed as well . Stealth camping or not so stealth would be fine in allot of places. Bugs in the north can be quite bad in places.
    bill
    Bill, thanks here is my BC route.

Vancouver - Cache Creek-Prince George-Hyder/Stewart-Watson Lake..

On the return via BC...Watson Lake-Fort Nelson-Hudson' Hope Loop- Dawson Creek into Alberta and Edmonton and Jasper..

I will have a GPS and looking at older version of Milepost (2003)...

We'll do about 200/300miles plus a day while in BC in the sight seeing mote.. and may spend two nights at camp sites in interesting areas.

I see many commerical campgrounds, mostly of the RV natural.....

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra
    Insulation
    Yeti, BBO, KAQ
    Suspension
    Climbers/w/buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by BER View Post
    Sweet! Motorcycles sound like a fun way to explore. My lovely bride, her hammock hanging brother Feetz and I are headed to Alaska in late May. We're renting an RV to tool around in rather than motorcycles, and I'm not sure how much 'camping' will be done, but I know at least one hammock is going along. Very, very excited to see our potential future home state!
    If you see four BMW GS type motorcycles one with Alabama plates and my NORWOOD vanity tag and three will have Tennessee plates...

see you on the road...

BTW, wish Hammock Forum had a vinyl decal....for my panniers on the bike..

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast