At 3:43 this morning, I mastered another DIY skill; how to land on your a@#! Does this mean I get a badge or something?

I have been doing some experiments with home sleeping hammocks. I'm using cotton because it's for an indoor set-up, it's cheap, it's strong, and feels good against the skin. I bought a few yards of material that is 94" wide to see if I could replicate those super wide lounger hammocks, but with whipped ends instead of multiple cords or a spreader bar. Maaaaaaan was it comfy. I rewhipped the ends multiple times to find the right length to comfort ratio. Needless to say, I had not put any hems in yet, just raw edges since I didn't know what the final dimensions would be.

Well, I found the sweet length and made the mistake of being LAZY! I decided to sleep in it one night before doing any work on the sewing machine. I decided to take it apart tomorrow (today) to take my measurements and all that.

Nature's call got me out of the hammock for a minute in the wee hours. When I got back in I started my scooting to find the 'spot'. That's when I heard it; just a quick rip...I held my breath; nothing. About 20 seconds later 2 quick rips; hands and feet fly out of the hammock as outriggers approximately .5 seconds too late! The big rip followed by the big thud as my butt gets introduced to the cross brace of my stand. NOT a good way to start the day, by the way.

Other than a bruised ego and slightly sore backside, I'm fine. However, that's the last time I get lazy with DIY stuff. Anyway, I guess I'm working towards becoming a full fledged DIYer; I've got my fall out of the way.