WBBB 1.7 DBL
    Tarp
    WB Big Mama
    Insulation
    3S Phoenix UQ
    Suspension
    Jedi Power NoCable

Question Packed Superfly

Im searching this forum and can't seem to find what the Superfly look like in its packed form.. in a bag or in a snake skin. Do you guys have any pictures or link to post that have the answer ?

Im about to order a superfly and waiting first to see the size it will take in my pack. I plan on going with snake skin (HH skins?) once i get the tarp. So far, the only thing I have seen is from the video of the superfly setup on the warbonnet web page.. and it look as big as the WBBB 1.7 when its packed..

Im trying to fit everything i need into a maxpedition vulture II (46L ~ 2800cu) and space is becoming a problem.. especialy with blue foam instead of an under-quilt

1) Got any pic or link to a packed superfly ?
    2) Why is an underquilt so pricy ?? its more expensive than a blackbird.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DocBurN View Post
    Im searching this forum and can't seem to find what the Superfly look like in its packed form.. in a bag or in a snake skin. Do you guys have any pictures or link to post that have the answer ?

Im about to order a superfly and waiting first to see the size it will take in my pack. I plan on going with snake skin (HH skins?) once i get the tarp. So far, the only thing I have seen is from the video of the superfly setup on the warbonnet web page.. and it look as big as the WBBB 1.7 when its packed..

Im trying to fit everything i need into a maxpedition vulture II (46L ~ 2800cu) and space is becoming a problem.. especialy with blue foam instead of an under-quilt

Not sure about the first question .... but to your second query .... good goose down is not cheap...... look at good down bags. Expensive but mine have never let me down. Cheap stuff has left me dissatisfied many a time.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DBL
    Tarp
    WB Big Mama
    Insulation
    3S Phoenix UQ
    Suspension
    Jedi Power NoCable
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Not sure about the first question .... but to your second query .... good goose down is not cheap...... look at good down bags. Expensive but mine have never let me down. Cheap stuff has left me dissatisfied many a time.
    Thank for the info Shug

and about the first question.. what i mean is i need to see/know how much space a superfly takes when it is packed or in the snake skin.. to know what size/space to expect to carry the gear in my packsack.. according to the video i saw, the superfly is the same size as the blackbird in the black bag it came with from Brendon. I think I saw a picture on the warbonnet section a few week ago with a blackbird, a superfly, yeti, etc.. in the same picture, showing how much space it take in their respective black bag. cant find the post.

3) Would you carry a blackbird and a tarp in a compression bag ? long term damage to the gear from being compressed ?

Images

Superfly

Quote Originally Posted by DocBurN View Post

standard typing paper in photo. stakes and lines in bag.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I don't have any pictures, but yeah, it's close to the same size as the Blackbirds when packed away in a normal stuff sack. I don't generally use the stuff sack. Instead, I just shove the tarp in the outer pocket of my pack so I can get to it and get it set-up without opening my pack.

I wouldn't ever pack my tarp in the same bag, skin, etc with my hammock. Tarp is generally at least damp in the mornings and I don't want the moisture transferring to my hammock if it can be avoided.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DBL
    Tarp
    WB Big Mama
    Insulation
    3S Phoenix UQ
    Suspension
    Jedi Power NoCable
    Quote Originally Posted by kayak karl View Post
    standard typing paper in photo. stakes and lines in bag.[/IMG]
    You carry your superfly in an HH bag ? if its the case.. thank you for the pic.. give a great idea of the size it take (bigger than I thought)

I would be affraid to use a compression bag on something as precious as the roof of my shelter!

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB DL 1.1 & Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Black MacCat Del.
    Insulation
    Yeti 3,4 & HRQ/HGB
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopie
    Images
    Hey Doc;
    I don't have the SF But it is a tarp and not allot bigger than my Maccat but certainly bigger. I would think its about the size of your packed WBBB but i'm sure someone will tune in who has a WBBB and an SF so you'll know soon. As far as the price of an UQ goes, i mean one word "Down". Plus the fact that Its more fiddly what with the baffles and all. I've got a yeti and i have to say that UQ's are cool,,i mean warm-cool (-;
    " The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."

“The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer

www.birchsidecustomwoodwork.com

Hammock
    Lite Owl, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I have the Superfly and the dbl 1.7 BB and the stuff sacks are very close size-wise. The SF sack may be a tad narrower.

I don't have any photos of the superfly in it's stuff sack. However, i can tell you this it packs up super small. As small as it packs inside the stuff sack, i noticed i can easily squish the stuff sack into a smaller space. I'm willing to bet, that one could with some effort, jam the superfly and its doors inside a nalgine bottle.

Hammock
    1.1 Blackbird or Traveler SL
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti - all seasons
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    The superfly with doors packs uses the same dimension stuff sack as the black bird but can be compressed further if needed as it is loosely stuffed in.

Hope that helps.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast