Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wisenber View Post
    A dog won't be any "safer" in a tent from a mountain lion or bear than you would. Two of mine don't wander of while I'm sleeping and one does. The one that does is on a long leash, and I keep it wrapped around my wrist or arm.
    If your dogs sleep close to you at home, they'll sleep close to you in the woods.
    If you have a big enough tarp, I don't see any reason to have another cover just for the dog. Also, sleeping on a ground cloth on top of duff is going to be just as plush as laying on the carpet in my house if not more. Heck, they lay on a concrete patio sometimes. Why would they need their own hammock?
    All dogs are different. Mine has a thin coat, and when he gets cold he pokes me with his nose and tries to get into the hammock. Some dogs bark at every little sound or smell in the night, but rest more quietly in a tent. I keep mine on a long leash at night, usually tied to one of the hammock trees. I often tie tarp and hammock out to trees on each side instead of stakes so there will be lees likelihood of the leash getting tangled around guy-lines.

Hammock
    JRB Bridge and WBBB 1.0 DBL
    Tarp
    Mamajamba SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Gossamer Gear 1/4"
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings!
    My yellow lab naturally sleeps on the ground just under my hammock. I have started having her carry a small Gossamer Gear Thinlite pad that is hers and she loves that. She growls and chases away any intruder but is smart enough not to bite into a porcupine. A natural hammocker methinks.
    Bleemus

Yes, I sleep in a hammock. Please pass the Grey Poupon.

Insulation
    warm stuff
    some great ideas...
    we haven't taken our dog camping at all yet, but hopefully this year we will get him out there, he loves the day hikes we have taken him on, but he isn't the brightest crayon in the box so it is a little worrisome to take him out....i do feel bad that we are leaving him behind for the MAHHA but hopefully soon he will be joining us. Here at home he doesn't like to be alone....when cranky bear is at work max sleeps with me....i figure he will probably end up sleeping in my hammock with me. I have to get a zipper mod done first though...lol
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once. Jennifer Unlimited
    Health food may be good for the conscience, but Oreos taste a hell of a lot better. -- Robert Redford

http://daydreamingmisadventurer.blogspot.com/

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123