Hiking that section at the beginning of May should not be seeing lows below 40 even at the higher spots. That could free you up to rig your existing pad in an SPE. If you're looking for something less expensive than the HH, you could get a Grand Trunk Skeeter Beeter and change out the 8mm suspension for something more tree and adjustment friendly. I'm 6'0 and 205lbs. I have a Skeeter Beeter and a Skeeter Beeter Pro, and I've not had any weight issues with either with myself and a decent sized dog. They're not the sexiest ones out there, but you can get a fairly good hammock for about 70 bucks. It looks like they've discontinued the regular Skeeter Beeter and now just have the Pro version. It weighs about 28 ounces with all of the suspension and bugnet lines. (I use a single ridgeline and a couple of sticks to keep the bugnet up.) You'd still need a tarp at that point.

Without working too hard on weight, you could have a 25 pound pack including your food and water. It will get lighter as you burn through your food. With a little more discipline, you could have that starting weight down to about 20 lbs. If you weigh 200, 20 lbs won't make much more of a difference than 12 lbs. Just skip the Lewis and Clark 75 lb pack, and you should cruise fine.

Another note, if you do some walking the next couple of weeks to get in shape, you'll do much better than just hitting the trail. (That's a pretty steep climb you've got ahead of you.) Don't forget your Advil either.