I did an overnight hike this past weekend with 2sticks (daughter) and rayn. Weather was perfect 40's/70's. We could not get on the trail until Saturday so we picked an easy 4 mile one way trip starting at the Stone Door Ranger Station. We took the Stone Door Trail to Big Creek Rim to Alum Gap campground. We returned on Sunday morning via Laurel Trail 3 miles to the Stone Door Ranger Station.

Rayn and I were trying out some new gear and 2sticks was just enjoying the hike. I had received my coyote brown WBBB and Rayn had a new UQ to test, hiking poles, and a pack weight about 1/2 of his previous trips.
All the gear performed well.

Pics below from hike into camp

The WBBB was easy to set up and my 2/3 UQ worked perfectly on it. I did attach it differently than I do on my Clark UL. I made some triangle shaped silnylon pieces with attachment points on each corner. I attached one end to suspension rope placing the triangle on top of the ridgeline. I then attached the UQ to the other corners. This allowed the UQ to be pulled up instead of out and I never had a problem with fit or sliding off shoulder. The sil is able to slide on the netting without damage. This required shorter shockcord so I may have actually come out lighter than using full shockcord.

2sticks and I hung our hammocks under the same tarp. On this trip we used the Clark UL and WBBB instead of our bridge hammocks. It was very easy to get these under the 11x10 tarp. I could actually reach into her hammock to check on quilts etc while I was laying in the WBBB.

Rayn's claytor hammock with new UQ. He has perfected his setup but I think that a WBBB may be in his future

The weather may have been too perfect because the camp area was packed. Boy scout troops, college groups, and more. The couple beside our campsite were leaving and left us a nice gift with a night's worth of firewood. Not sure where they found it at this campsite but we put it to good use. We discussed hammock camping and referred them here so if you made it thanks again

Overall a great overnighter with a friend and daughter. Normally I do not hike in areas with designated camps but it was great for a quick overnight and to test some gear.

Below is another 2sticks video of her hiking trip. Short trip and video.

P.S. 2sticks wanted to use one of these in the post so here it is