Tarp Tensioners with tubing

Does anyone have a step by step on how to make the guideline tensioners with the surgical tubing? I made some shockcord ones tonight, but I think the ones with the tubing will be less trouble with less cords all over the place. Any help is great appreciated!

Thanks

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Perfect, exactly what I was looking for. It doesn't say what diameter of tubing to use though, any ideas?

I know this depends on my guideline, which is 2MM. I was thinking 1/8 ID tubing. Sound right?

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    The smaller tubing has very nice stretch charecteristics. It also produces a nice smooth amount of tension.

The only trouble I have with it is being able to roll the tubing over the ziptie to finish them off. If you arent worried about that, then the smaller stuff is the ticket. If you do want to roll it over then the 3/16 ID x 5/16 OD makes life a little easier. This is coming from a mass production standpoint, however.

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    The smaller tubing has very nice stretch charecteristics. It also produces a nice smooth amount of tension.

The only trouble I have with it is being able to roll the tubing over the ziptie to finish them off. If you arent worried about that, then the smaller stuff is the ticket. If you do want to roll it over then the 3/16 ID x 5/16 OD makes life a little easier. This is coming from a mass production standpoint, however.

The directions above point to using very thing cord to secure the elastic tubing, but you put zip ties underneath the tubing to secure it in place?

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Saint View Post
    The directions above point to using very thing cord to secure the elastic tubing, but you put zip ties underneath the tubing to secure it in place?
    Both small cording or zip ties can be used. I like how rigid zip ties are on the ends, but it may not be possible to fold the tubing back over the zip tie unless it is 3/16" ID or larger. I guess the size tubing you use will determine whether cord or zip ties are best.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Saint View Post
    I've never tried whipping the tubing. But if you go that route I would certainly reccomend the smaller tubing.

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Green Theraband... Good all around choice... Strong with small ID for lighter lines....Durable been using it on JRB STLs for over four years now...Self Tensioning Lines ,STL, are a great choice on silnyl tarps.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

• + New Posts