What do you think about this setup?

Hello,
    Wanted the experience and advice of those who have hung longer than I have. That doesn't sound right in some way. Oh well.
    Trying to design a system for us for 3-season use that will take us down to around 20 in a pinch. MAINLY from 30's up to hot.
    Was going to combine the Warbonnet Traveller (maybe Blackbird) with a Yeti quilt. Then carry 1/2" ccf blue pad cut short for pack support and for an emergency in-case we have to drop to the ground (would also add some warmth if hanging also and it became really cold). Also, looking at the 10 by 12' Campmor silnylon tarp for the roof (it's two of us). Will be using WM 20deg bags and such.
    Just was wondering what you think?

Thanks so much,
    Earplug

Hammock
    WB BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by earplug94 View Post
    Hello,
    Wanted the experience and advice of those who have hung longer than I have. That doesn't sound right in some way. Oh well.
    Trying to design a system for us for 3-season use that will take us down to around 20 in a pinch. MAINLY from 30's up to hot.
    Was going to combine the Warbonnet Traveller (maybe Blackbird) with a Yeti quilt. Then carry 1/2" ccf blue pad cut short for pack support and for an emergency in-case we have to drop to the ground (would also add some warmth if hanging also and it became really cold). Also, looking at the 10 by 12' Campmor silnylon tarp for the roof (it's two of us). Will be using WM 20deg bags and such.
    Just was wondering what you think?

Thanks so much,
    Earplug
    I have a WBBB (1.1 dbl layer) with 3 season Yeti (no reflective liner) and use a 1/4" EVA pad from Jacks-R-Better (HERE (only $9.95, 40"x26", 6.5 oz...a great bargain IMO). The pad is used under feet and legs. With that setup, I was roasty-toasty comfortable last weekend down to 27 degrees or so in a 25 degree WM sleeping bag. I could have gone lower by adding insulated pants and top, but didn't need them. I was sleeping in long underwear under an insulated vest and hiking pants.

I hope that helps and gives you some basis for comparison. Adding the WB reflective liner would add another few degrees.
    Last edited by beep; 04-15-2010 at 10:16.
    "The more I carry the happier I am in camp; the less I carry the happier I am getting there" - Sgt. Rock

• + New Posts