For our first major hang we decided on a car camp so six of us made the trip to Keji group site 4 on a foggy cool day. Arrivals and set-up was from mid-afternoon to supper time.

The group sites are a short walk up a hill that consists of a mixed forest that is primarily hardwoods in the camping area. The site has several tent pads, picnic tables, fire pit and outhouses, there is flush facilities but they are closed for the season. Also there is a shared cooking shelter that has wood stoves, wood and food lockers.

Due to the cool windy weather we elected to cooking supper in the shelter. After supper we chatted about hammocks and Bluenose climbers showed us a bunch of knots and uses after which he provided a chocolate fondue and fruit which was greatly enjoyed.

Upon retiring around 11:00 the wind started blowing hard and the rain started shortly after. we all stayed dry and with some adjustments stayed warm as well. For myself I didn't get much sleep, the 70 km/h winds all night just didn't allow me to sleep but others seemed to have no trouble.

After breakfast there was again lots of chatting, talking gear and general exploring the area. In the afternoon the group of us hiked the Hemlocks and Hardwoods trail and checked out some backcountry sites.

Upon returning to the group site we rejigged some of our set-ups as the wind kept blowing all day long. Well, luck was on our side and the wind did go down some to allow a better nights sleep although when we got up Sunday it was 0 degrees Celcius. At midmorning we tore down and left the area with lots of memories.

It was a good hang, it gave some of us our first hang and all of us practice hanging in less that ideal contions. We concluded we want to do more hangs and this site will be good for a winter hang.