Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Diamondback
    Suspension
    Becket or whoopie
    My guess is the R-Value is probably on the lower (and cheaper) side to cover the spring / fall but not the winter. It would be miserable to use winter insulation in the summer and it's a costly endeavor for a start-up.
    I'm happy with my setup, which is more versatile: summer, spring/fall, and winter as needed. I've never used a double-later with a pad, but maybe one day I'll give it a shot.

I bit, and mine arrived last night. I hurriedly tried it out between rain showers and it was "OK". The material was very comfortable on a 60 degree F day with a gentle breeze. FAR warmer then the standard Nylon hammock I setup to compare with.

I didn't get any pictures of setup or takedown and its going to take me a while to get the air pressure right. I filled it to full first, and it almost launched me into the mud getting into it. I tried a few different levels of firmness, and it seems to be happy when its pretty limp. Once you climb in and it "banana's" the give in the pockets disappears and it firms up and there is plenty of air underneath you to keep you insulated.

The BIG downside for me is there is no deflating it without wrestling it on the ground for a good long time. Its similar to Klymit in how its baffled but the connecting areas are even tighter and not aimed toward the valve so I gave up trying to get it rolled up outside (ground was soaked and muddy) and had to just stuff it in the long sack and try indoors.

So I'll have to carry a bit of Tyvek or a battery pump with a suction feature to bring it motorcycle camping and make sure I can still pack it down small enough for my Pannier.

Final thoughts,
    setup is easy (ropes are very short so you'll need supplemental straps or whoopies)
    Stuff bag is huge so you can lazy pack it if you need to in a hurry (seems a little thin so time will tell how long it lasts)
    Inflation is good/easy
    stuff sack as a weird with a long floppy appendage and valve on the outside I hate
    deflation is a NIGHTMARE in a dirty or wet environment

Not as comfortable as my Warbonnet but definitely warmer (so yes good for Spring/Fall or after dark in the summer)
    Will have to bring a bug net with me in later Spring and earlier fall but that takes up 1/5 the space of a underbuilt so its still a smaller pack for me.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12