Keeping a hammock, UQ and bugnet all bundled up within a hammock sleeve

What is your opinion on keeping the full hammock setup in a hammock sleeve? I have previously kept the TTTM hammock, DD underblanket and a bugnet all bundled up in the DD hammock sleeve for easy packing. Just take the pack from the camping cabinet and you're almost good to go. However, I bought a more expensive underquilt a few days ago and I'm a bit hesitant on replicating the setup with the Cumulus Selva 450. The sleeve is roomy but not breathable.

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0, Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ's, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    I made a big (much bigger than necessary) Bishop bag that stores my hammock, TQ & UQ. Then I stuff that bundle into my Pack liner and scrunch it down. Works great. I assume by "full hammock setup" you do NOT plan to stuff the tarp in it too. Makes for quick take-down and setup.

The UQ stays attached to the hammock, and the TQ is laid out in the hammock with the hammock sides folded on top of the TQ. I really like this setup.

Hammock
    1.2 MTN streamliner + myog net
    Tarp
    HG DCF Std, Lawson
    Insulation
    Wooki, old EE TQ
    Suspension
    1.4 UHMWPE, Becket
    I store my quilts loose. Using a catch-all stuff sack for backpacking would save a little time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    12' SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    It's an interesting idea to pack the underquilt and bug net on the hammock for quick deployment. I could see this being especially useful when trying to get set up quickly in inclement weather. I would be hesitant though about storing items this way long-term, particularly if the underquilt is down, which probablly shouldn't be compressed for long periods of time.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Superfly/Minifly
    Insulation
    WB DB, LL Habanero
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I use a Simply Light Designs catch all for multi day trips. Keeps my hammock and quilts bundled together and I just smush it all down at the bottom of my pack. Works pretty well and I find it easier and quicker to work with rather than putting into stuff sacks each day.

I have started using the TrailHeadz Anaconda Containment Unit and I haven't had any issues with long term storage in there so far. I really like the ability to get to camp, setup my fly and then hang my hammock and everything is ready for sleepy time when I am. I hope that this helps to answer your question.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    There is a subtle product spec mentioned in the Anaconda description. Though the body of the bag is waterproof DCF, the ends are not. The ends are just DWR-coated Argon. When I first saw the bag, I thought it might work as a drybag for kayaking. But not with just DWR ends. I'm sure it would be okay within the additional confines of your backpack. But that "R" in DWR stands for "Resistant", not waterproof.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    DIY 1.7 MTN XL GE
    Tarp
    DIY .9 Silpoly Hex
    Insulation
    Various Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps (J-Bend)
    Images
    Before I start a backpacking trip, I'll set up my whole sleep system (sans tarp) at home and dial it in. This includes hammock, peak shelf, UQ, UQP (when I want to take it), Fronkey bugnet (when I need it), inflatable pillow (on a suicide strap tucked in the peak shelf), and TQ in the hammock.

When I pack my pack, I simply shove the whole combined kit into my pack liner (contractor bag) on top of my clothes and anything else that needs to stay dry. Then I push everything as far down in the bottom of the pack as it will go and seal the liner (usually with a hair tie). I'll stack any larger items that don't need to stay dry on top of that (bear canister, cook kit, etc.). The weight on top further compresses the hammock/quilts combo below.

At the end of each day, I'll remove the bear canister and other items from the top of the pack and open the pack liner to reveal the complete hammock kit right on top. It's then quick and easy to pull out and hang the whole thing at once. When packing up each morning, I simply shove it all back into the pack liner again the same way.

I don't use any kind of hammock sleeve, large stuff sack/bishop bag, or anything else like that. It's just shoved into the pack liner. With a little care and common sense (e.g. no sharp items in or on the liner), I've successfully done this for years and have never had any damage of any kind to any of my items as a result of this approach.

This is only for the trip of course. Once I'm home everything gets separated, inspected, repaired/cleaned as necessary, and put away appropriately. I wouldn't feel comfortable storing the entire kit this way. Particularly not the quilts.
    ~ All I want is affordable, simple, ultralight luxury. That’s not asking too much is it?

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Diamondback
    Suspension
    Becket or whoopie
    I do a similar strategy for winter (and sometimes other seasons). I like the speed and simplicity of the setup with my SLD winter sleeve. I also like that I don't end up forgetting something (once forgot my tree straps - eek!!) In summer sometimes I just put it in the pack like PopcornFool mentioned.
    The two down-sides that are apparent to me are already stated: long-term compression; and space (size of bundle). I guess a little weight is added as well. As long as you aren't too cramped in your backpack, packing size shouldn't be an issue, esp. for car camping. Then just get it out of sleeve after the trip and you are good.
    Agree also on keeping tarp separate.
    Thanks for sharing everyone.

• + New Posts