Tarp
    OES Standard
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Amsteel w\MSH
    Images

Kid Campout 2010

So my buddies and I decided to take our kids on an overnighter on some land I have access to on Saturday.

It was 4 dads, 4 kids, 2 non-parents, my 14 yr old nephew, and my dog "Pony".

We got there on Saturday afternoon about 4 pm. Threw some baseball, setup camp, and cut firewood. The kids were so excited to be there, they were like mosquitos buzzing around, just having a great time. The weather was great. About 75 degrees during the day and mid 40's at night.

I setup a side by side hammock under my JRB 10x11 for the first time. My nephew was supposed to sleep in a tent with one of the other guys and my daughter was supposed to sleep beside me in the other hammock, but it ended up being my nephew in one hammock and my daughter (Tiv) and I in the other.

We cooked hot dogs over the fire, made smores, and just let the kids run wild. They all passed out about 11pm and we drank cold beers until about 12:30 am.

As soon as I got in my my hammock I heard a little voice say "Daddy, i'm cold." which really meant she was lonely. She had a full length pad, bag, pillow, and blanket. There was no way she was cold. Then I saw her little face looking over the side of the hammock with a single little tear coming down her face and that was all it took. I lifted my down quilt bag and she jumped in like rabbit. My nephew then saw his chance at getting off the ground and jumped in her hammock. We slept great. I'm glad she slept with me, I never mind a bit when she does, even at home.

Had a great nights sleep. Actually woke up once to some coyotes howling! Good thing my dog slept in the truck.

Got up the next day and didn't have a thing to do, so we just played in the sun all day. Shot some of our 22 rifles, and ate lunch. Needless to say, the kids didn't want to go home, even though they were filthy and had marshmallow matted in their hair ha!

Hope this was one they will never forget.

Our setup. We are the only hammock campers.

My poor old tent. I lent it to my brother. We were the only hammockers.

A bunch of us.

Making popcorn with my daughter and her friend. Tiv is the younger one.

Tiv is so excited to go!

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB, Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway:UGQ WD
    Insulation
    UGQ,KAQ,Tewa
    Suspension
    strap/buckles
    Images
    Thanks for sharing Mr.B. From the pics and what you said, looks like a good time was had by all. Cherish this moment with your daughter, all of a sudden they grow up and they are not that little one no more and leaves you wondering what happen to that baby who use to need me. Glad you could get out and have some good quality family time!

Hammock
    Treehugger (Eno clone), and HHULB
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    sleeping bag
    Suspension
    webbing
    Wonderful report, brought a big smile to my face, always welcome on a Monday!

Crazy Hammock Lady

Hammock
    currently my DIY bridge
    Tarp
    8 x 10 sil tarp
    Insulation
    DIY tq,pads
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Sounds like you had a great time. Can't get much better than marshmallow hair.

Enjoy that time with the kids while they are small! Soon enuff they won't want to go.

• + New Posts