Hammock
    HH ULBA, but can't wait to try more
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB UQ
    Images

2-person hammock?

So has anyone ever seen or tried to invent a 2-person hammock? Couldn't you make it like a siamese twin joined along the sides of the body, but with some type of rigid separator that allows independent movement? I guess weight distribution could be a huge issue though. (if 1 person weighs a lot more than the other that is) Just a thought.
    This is my signature.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY cat diamond
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ & OQ
    Images
    My wife and I have successfully shared the same trees in our speer type hammocks. We used our collapsed Leki poles at either end to keep the hammock pushed apart. You can get by with one tarp this way.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    The only two person hammocks I've seen are just bigger versions of regular hammocks, and you have to snuggle to stay in there.

I guess you could save the weight of one set of hammock supports if you made one like you're talking about, though. Could be a few ounces lighter. You gonna prototype one?

I usually just hang two hammocks side-by-side like Arkwater said. I hang mine quite a bit higher than my kids b/c I make it sag more (no funny comments here!) than they do. Then we end up pretty level when we're both ready for bed.

I try to use the same tree for the head end, and the foot end doesn't really matter as long as it's somewhere close. Last time it was close enough for my youngest to crawl into my hammock w/o touching the ground after I told him a scary story that was a little too scary. (He told me he wanted really scary...when I was done, he just laid there quietly for a second. Then said, "Dad, that was too scary. I'm coming in there with you.")
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    HH ULBA, but can't wait to try more
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB UQ
    Images
    See, here's my problem....I can come up with ideas, but have difficulty implementing them and making prototypes. I get too caught up in the little details and end up frustrated. So, I'll be one of those people that have some million dollar idea some day, never act on it, mention it to a friend and then watch them get rich off it.

That's really adorable about your son by the way.
    This is my signature.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Haha - sometimes I do that. Try to figure out the math of it when it would take half the time if I'd just start sewing and figure it out on the fly. I have so many projects 3/4-sketched out that I'll probably never even make the first cut on!
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

• + New Posts