i can vouch for the major infestation benefits of bottom entry. you just dont get anything following you in! mosquitoes are attracted to co2 and will happily follow you in through a side closure system, however if you duck down and then head up quick they get confused and cant join the dots.

i have been thinking about a size zip mod, but unfortunately for me i live in the UK, so id have to visit the US to get id done i think. postage is just too much.

i dont think taking a piss is a good reason to get a side zip.... use a wide mouth nalgene or even a mineral water bottle and you dont have to get out at all...... im not getting out with malaria infected mosquitoes at 2am! keep a couple of plastic bottles in there. do your stuff and then drop it out the bottom so it doesnt add any weight in weird places and then deal with it in the morning! this also means you dont have to worry about getting on and off the pad and getting stressed out getting into your sleeping bag again.

as for the bottom entry leg issue. have you guys got the right length hammock and do you lie in it as they suggest? if you have your feet right into one corner and your head right into the other, your legs shouldnt go over the top of the opening. this also means you are completely flat. im 6ft and only had it touch the back of my legs once and that was when i had it slung between the uprights of a bornean long house and they were really too close together..,...