Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    David, you are doing the right thing by seeking the advice of others that do this all the time, many of the folks around here have been hanging for years, many have done thru hikes and section hikes on long trails with hammocks as their only shelter. Many of us love out BB hammocks and Brandon makes great quality equipment. Lots of folks that have multiple hammocks still say the BB is their go to hammock for backpacking--it is for me The other thing that may help reassure your purchase choice is that when a BB comes up for sale in the marketplace section it is often sold in hours not days or weeks, so if worst comes to worst and it does not work for you you can resell it easily.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    Drooling at the WBBB
    Tarp
    Wanting Superfly
    Insulation
    Will use Themarest
    Suspension
    will adjustableweb
    hmmm... I don't yes have sufficien resources to purchase, but I have two questions:
    1. What tarp would go best with this hammock for georiga winters, and quebec summers?

Hammock
    Drooling at the WBBB
    Tarp
    Wanting Superfly
    Insulation
    Will use Themarest
    Suspension
    will adjustableweb
    and two is, do you own / work for arrowhead equipment? and if so, why would you suggest another brand?

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by David@whiteblaze View Post
    hmmm... I don't yes have sufficien resources to purchase, but I have two questions:
    1. What tarp would go best with this hammock for georiga winters, and quebec summers?
    I don't have a Superfly but I know it is a good tarp, have never been to GA nor Quebec, but the Superfly is a large tarp with good coverage end to end and side to side, just going off that I don't think you would be unhappy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by David@whiteblaze View Post
    and two is, do you own / work for arrowhead equipment? and if so, why would you suggest another brand?
    I am Arrowhead Equipment or it is me or was it we? Owner and well everything else. And well at this time I neither make nor sell any tarps or hammocks, I own a few of each, some I have bought from other merchants or members here at HF and some I have made my self. I owned a Hennessy for about a month now I don't, I got my money back on it and called Brandon. I am partial to it(as are a lot of others), I have gotten to be freinds with Brandon and I really like what he has to offer to the market. Lots of us here are fiends, be it members and vendors alike. And I think that all in all we (the vendors) often would rather work together than against each other. Unlike some other forums HF is closer to a family than a sparing match (as long as it is not my in laws we calling a family ). Stick around and you will see what I mean.
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    O and not that Brandon is the only show in town, I have happily purchased materials from Ed at Speer Hammocks, My wife and oldest son have Grand Trunk's, I owe my getting off the ground in the first place to te-wa, been trying not to buy a BMBH from the Jacks--but I want one,have a OES deluxe in the pack--just cause they are nice tarps also, Wishing I could also see-tryout a Switchback, yup they are on the short list too.

Really there are lots of great options to pick from, and that is probably the hardest part for lots of new folks. All I was trying to get at is that the BB is a great choice for almost anyone as a good all around camping hammock, yah if you try you may be able to get something a bit lighter (or you can mod the suspension on the BB to save some) but when I am out camping--especially with long days on the trail I want the most restful sleep I can get. It was te-wa talking about not tossing and turning, no little rock in my hip, no awake half the night, and bliss full unconsciousness that drew me to be interested in hammock at all. So again--Just cause-- Thanks Mikeinhfaz where ever you are!

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WB SF
    Insulation
    inner fortitude
    Suspension
    cinch & straps
    I switched from a ENO single and a harbor freight camo tarp to the BB and Superfly, Easily the best money I have spent on gear. I don`t think the weight is a big deal especially when taking into consideration the comfort to weight ratio. The only issue I have, is now I obsess with the obscure possibility for a stray spark or maybe something falling from a tree to hit either one.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    The SF is a very nice tarp shelter. Don't have one myself but have been on trips with others using one. Me and that tarp done made friends.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    JRB Bridge and WBBB 1.0 DBL
    Tarp
    Mamajamba SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Gossamer Gear 1/4"
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings!
    If the Superfly is anywhere near as good as my Mamajamba I say go for it. Nice cut, nice coverage. Gonna be hanging under the Mama this year and I have no fear of nothing. Well, perhaps the boogie man but that is not Brandon's fault.
    Bleemus

Yes, I sleep in a hammock. Please pass the Grey Poupon.

Hammock
    Drooling at the WBBB
    Tarp
    Wanting Superfly
    Insulation
    Will use Themarest
    Suspension
    will adjustableweb
    haha, ok, so it seems like there are two general lines of thinking here:
    1. The "I have one and it works for me" line, where you will say it's great, go for it...
    2. The "I have one and it works, but you need to find out what works for you"
    soo.... I agree with both. If I have to push back college another year to work and buy a different hammock, I'll suvive... after all, then I'll have 2 hammocks, and I wont need to worry about the whole buying heet and lighter fluid thing.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12