Tarp
    Clark XL, Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, UQ, LL UQ
    Suspension
    WS,straps,toggles
    Images

Thumbs up We're a comfortable and happy little group

I was just reading a post on the "Want to Buy" forum and the person (with GREAT good sense, by the way) stated they were trying to buy a Clark. Another poster stated he thought Clarks were not very popular on this forum.

I say that we Clark owners are so happy with our systems, that we don't do a lot of posting about modifying, improving, changeing, trying to make them better, etc. because that has already been done by the Clarks!! We just sleep in 'em. Most of us wouldn't think of selling them, and someone better come with heavy artillery if they plan to steal mine.

Yes, Clark hangers are a minority, but we are a very happy and satisfied minority, and will remain so until the word about these wonderful systems leaks out.

Having said all that, I must admit to changing out the stock suspension system to whoopie slings.

Images
    Well someday maybe I'll get to try one!

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I've always thought the Clarks had some cool features. They influenced me to add "End Covers" to my DIY gathered end hammock.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Quote Originally Posted by waddy View Post
    Most of us wouldn't think of selling them, and someone better come with heavy artillery if they plan to steal mine.

I don't know.... I've been thinking of selling my North American.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by waddy View Post
    I was just reading a post on the "Want to Buy" forum and the person (with GREAT good sense, by the way) stated they were trying to buy a Clark. Another poster stated he thought Clarks were not very popular on this forum.

I say that we Clark owners are so happy with our systems, that we don't do a lot of posting about modifying, improving, changeing, trying to make them better, etc. because that has already been done by the Clarks!! We just sleep in 'em. Most of us wouldn't think of selling them, and someone better come with heavy artillery if they plan to steal mine.

Yes, Clark hangers are a minority, but we are a very happy and satisfied minority, and will remain so until the word about these wonderful systems leaks out.

Having said all that, I must admit to changing out the stock suspension system to whoopie slings.
    What he said!

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies

I've been know to check the weather and if it's gonna be particularly nasty out.... I'm grabbing my Clark and hanging it up out back.

My family thinks I'm nuts, wanting to hang outside in the worst conditions.

I've switched to whoopies too. AND I just made some in the red color (sort of hot pink ) I put red on one end, hammock & tarp and silver on the other end, hammock and tarp. Now my hammock / tarp are color coded and I can set them up faster knowing I'm not accendently switching the tarp around from the hammock. (I've done that a time or two when setting up in the pouring rain after dark)

TinaLouise

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    I've always wanted a Clark hammock. I've owned about everything else but never a Clark. I think a lot has to do with how expensive they are. That's always what's kept me out of one of them.

One thing is for sure; Clark owners are usually die hard fans.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    diy fiddle factor
    Tarp
    diy cat cut hex
    Insulation
    whatever
    Suspension
    openable whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tgreening View Post
    I don't know.... I've been thinking of selling my North American.
    you know what they say'the grass is allways greener on the other side
    '...oh sorry just noticed your name you probally know that.the clarks allready as green as you need.
    i loves mine.of course i am curios about some of the others,but a commitment is a commitment.if mine ever wears out i am going to diy for a replacement.it will have lots of clark features in it.if i ever get brave enough to try to sew a zipper.i am ready to start a bigger tarp,my na tarp is barely big enough.

Hammock
    BB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    MacCat SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Images
    My 1st name is Clark. I still get a bit freaked out by Clark Hammock threads.
    "Once you start down the Dark Path, forever will it dominate your destiny." - Yoda

Hungry Hammock Hanger Website

Quote Originally Posted by lonetracker View Post
    you know what they say'the grass is allways greener on the other side
    '...oh sorry just noticed your name you probally know that.the clarks allready as green as you need.
    i loves mine.of course i am curios about some of the others,but a commitment is a commitment.if mine ever wears out i am going to diy for a replacement.it will have lots of clark features in it.if i ever get brave enough to try to sew a zipper.i am ready to start a bigger tarp,my na tarp is barely big enough.

Oops, I wasn't as clear as I should have been. I meant to say I was thinking of selling my North American....so I could buy an NX-250!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast