Clark NX-250, NX 270, D H Sparrow
    Tarp
    Clark XL, Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, UQ, LL UQ
    Suspension
    WS,straps,toggles
    Images
    With an attitude like that, Bon Voyage!!!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RB2340 View Post
    I THANK ALL THAT HAVE MADE SUGGESTIONS AND WISH YOU ALL WELL. AS FOR MY CAPS THIS IS THE WAY I DO IT AND FOR THOSE THAT HAVE A HARD TIME READING CAPS ALL I CAN SAY IS TOO BAD. SOME MODERATOR HAS DECIDE TO MAKE ASSUMPTIONS ABOUT MY POST AND I MUST SAY GOOD BYE BECAUSE CAP SENSITIVE FOLKS RILE ME. JUST FOR YOUR INFORMATION THERE IS NO NOISE COMING FROM MY CAPS.
    RB, I think the "stop yelling---talking to Dplant" was just meant as a joke, and I don't think it was a moderator! Pretty much all are friendly folks here at this forum. If you want to use ALL CAPS, I doubt any one could care less. But, you say "the way I do it", but your previous posts were not "ALL CAPS"? But either way. And if you must say good bye, then so be it. Is that a record for short time of membership? Regardless, good luck on your trip, I hope you find the hammock that is great for your requirements!

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    From "Hello With All Words Capitalized" to "IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT TOO BAD" in three posts.

Another record, of sorts!
    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    If you want to use ALL CAPS, I doubt any one could care less.
    I sent a PM explaining that in net etiquette all caps is shouting. There are people who do not know this and rather than publicly call attention to the issue I thought a PM would be the best route. It is true I am not a moderator but I did not think I needed to be one to share a piece of net etiquette. I have since checked with a mod who concurred that I was not out of line. If you want to do things your own way I don't have much of a problem. However, if a community has a set of expectations and rules of etiquette then I think you ignore them at your own peril. That's the background just to bring things out in the open.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramblinrev View Post
    I sent a PM explaining that in net etiquette all caps is shouting. There are people who do not know this and rather than publicly call attention to the issue I thought a PM would be the best route. It is true I am not a moderator but I did not think I needed to be one to share a piece of net etiquette. I have since checked with a mod who concurred that I was not out of line. If you want to do things your own way I don't have much of a problem. However, if a community has a set of expectations and rules of etiquette then I think you ignore them at your own peril. That's the background just to bring things out in the open.
    Oh, OK Rev, makes sense now. I guess I thought he was replying to RAW, not knowing about your PM. A PM, OK, that is a polite and friendly way of pointing out that etiquette thing. Any way, it seems hard to find something to get mad about around here, where there are just a bunch of folks anxious and happy to help strangers! But, I suppose some folks can manage it anyway!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12