Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images

Overnighter in Ohio

Decided to head out to the metropark camp area I reserved for the weekend. Weather called for rain so I thought cool chance to see how my tarp would perform. I would say it got down to 43-45f. I definately need an UQ. My pad leaves my back wet in the mornin. I got there about 6pm and setup in some light rain. I got a fire goin and commenced to makin some dinner. After that I stoked the fire and got in my hammock because the rain was not lettin up. I got some seepage and felt a few drops here and there throughout the night. I don't think it was from the seam but from the actual panel. Anyways it was good gear test and I enjoyed the solitude. Here are a few shots. I will have to say I am more at ease without a fire when I am alone.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB DL 1.1 & Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Black MacCat Del.
    Insulation
    Yeti 3,4 & HRQ/HGB
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopie
    Images
    Thanks for sharing. Any trip for testing gear is info for future success and its nice to get out in the fresh air.
    " The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."

“The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer

www.birchsidecustomwoodwork.com

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    I was wondering how it went, I kept looking at the radar. No one else showed, I take it?
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

Hammock
    PolyD
    Tarp
    OES MacCat ultra
    Insulation
    New River KAQ
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks
    Images
    Wow looks like camping in a park with all that green stuff on the ground. So that's what happens when it rains.
    Tortoise never for a moment stopped, but went on with a slow but steady pace straight to the end of the course.
    Translated by George Fyler Townsend. Aesop's Fables (p. 18). Amazon Digital Services, Inc..

Hammock
    WBBB DBL 1.7
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    KAQ,WB,Ham. Gear
    Suspension
    Dutch clips, strap
    Do you think any of the seepage resulted from the tarp sagging under the ridgeline a bit? water pooling at the lowest point? Looks like a fun hangout with no one around!

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Cool..... everyone oughta hang solo now and then. Good for ya' to be with just you.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Nope just me but it was short notice anyways.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpo63 View Post
    Do you think any of the seepage resulted from the tarp sagging under the ridgeline a bit? water pooling at the lowest point? Looks like a fun hangout with no one around!
    Didn't have any pooling that I noticed, it's an equinox 10x12 nylon. I didn't get soaked or anything. Just a few drops.

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Cool..... everyone oughta hang solo now and then. Good for ya' to be with just you.
    I'm diggin solo. I thought I got bumped on the butt by somethin in the middle of the night but it might have been the tree movin too not sure. I was in deep dream state as well.

Hammock
    WBBB,Claytor JH
    Tarp
    Claytor D, WB Hex
    Insulation
    Ptarm/Incub/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Sometimes if you wait for others to jump on the band wagon you lose the chance for a good time. I learned that in sailing up at Lake Erie, everyone wants to go but only a few get to be a part of a legend. Going hanging is a lot easier...
    Got the "Butt bump" in the middle of the night myself, that's the least of our worries... Think it's their way of saying, "Nice rig man" Lol
    I did what I had time for, put up Claytor JH w/tarp and laid out in back yard for 3 hrs Sat just as the sprinkle started and w/in 30 min went to a light rain. Really enjoyed hearing the rain on the tarp, watching rabbits play tag in the next yard over. I thought it was the ducks that liked the rain? Just stay quiet for 3o min and nature will put on a show for you! Need more time to get out for an overnight though. Really tough when you're on call a lot...
    We've got to get a quick hang in OH. just to get aquainted, our numbers are increasing!
    Stormcrow met some others down Shawnee St Forest and had a good time. Wayne Natl Forest (S. of Lancaster, OH), looks like a possibility. I will have to find out moreabout it...
    - Everett
    "Take me away to a quiet place where beings melt into inner space. Every step brings me closer to see, my haven away beneath the trees." From Beneath the Trees by Everett Dort

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast