Tarp
    LARGE!
    Insulation
    DIY Bag UQ
    Suspension
    Nacras an Whoopies

G'Day from W.A.

G'Day from W.A.

Perth Western Australia that is! Seems like a few of us from down under have managed to find our way here. Not surprising given the quality of the information available.

I have been on a few hikes on the Bibbulmun Track http://www.bibbulmuntrack.org.au
    using a cotton MEX style backyard hammock. Heavy, but comfortable, if bloody cold! (0C / 32F on the first hike with it, no UQ!)

After hiking with some new friends, one of them turned me on to the ultralight concept, so my days of 30+ kilo (60 + pound) pack weights are history.

The DIY section is a real goldmine!

My eventual aim is to walk the "Bib Track" end to end, and to complete the
    Kokoda Track in PNG, which holds a special place in many Aussies minds.

Any how. Thanks for all the info, hope to get some pics up once the project is underway. Those HH clones with custom mods look the bomb!

Cheers

Bill
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.

Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images
    Welcome! A big NC welcome to you! Lots of good info and good folks here for sure.

WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.

"A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin

Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream

Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

Hammock
    Treehugger (Eno clone), and HHULB
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    sleeping bag
    Suspension
    webbing
    Hello from Oklahoma, home of Garth Brooks, for you in Oz that enjoy country music. I have friends in the Hunter Valley, but have yet to visit. I actually read the webpage about Kokoda this week, very interesting. It would be a great learning experience to walk it. Enjoy this forum, and you may want to clean out a space in your house for all the new hammock gear you'll want!

Crazy Hammock Lady

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    Browny:
    Welcome to HF from Alabama. Hang out with us as long as you want. Would like to see photos of the DIY hammock when you get it finished.
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    LARGE!
    Insulation
    DIY Bag UQ
    Suspension
    Nacras an Whoopies
    Thanks for the welcome. Just been checkin out some of the Shuggedy Shug Shug's fine videos on youtube. Good info, crazy man, awesome musician!

(Off Topic, just got a hand me down Banjolin from my Uncle, seein the Shug play gives me even more reason to think Im on to a good thing, hammocks AND blugrass wee haa...)
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Browny View Post
    Thanks for the welcome. Just been checkin out some of the Shuggedy Shug Shug's fine videos on youtube. Good info, crazy man, awesome musician!

(Off Topic, just got a hand me down Banjolin from my Uncle, seein the Shug play gives me even more reason to think Im on to a good thing, hammocks AND blugrass wee haa...)
    Yes you are !!!! I have mulled over getting a Banjolin for a while...... I need an uncle with one as well!
    Have a fun ol' time down under with your hammock quest.
    Been to Australia and saw a lot but did not get to the west. Have some circus mates in Perth with Circus OZ.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB DL 1.1 & Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Black MacCat Del.
    Insulation
    Yeti 3,4 & HRQ/HGB
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopie
    Images
    Welcome to the forum from Western Canada. Allot of your mates come here to ski in our winter.Welcome to the comfortable life.
    " The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."

“The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer

www.birchsidecustomwoodwork.com

Hammock
    Clark Jungle Hammock - Tropical
    Tarp
    S to S Tarp Poncho
    Insulation
    Mont Sleeping Bags
    Images
    Black Cat Trail in PNG is another Aussie classic to do. Read the book The Barbarians. Pretty cool stuff.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Black Bird
    Tarp
    BWDD Winterdream
    Insulation
    Speer Snugfit
    Images
    Welcome to the forums from Washington State, whose abbreviation is WA. I started to click on this thread at first thinking that you were from WA. Then remembered that my Grumman navigation system is set to the Aussie guy voice, and he calls all the state roads here that start with WA (some number) as 'turn on Western Australia (number)' Kinda threw me at first, but I'm partial to it now.
    Bad spellers of the world Untie!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Browny View Post
    G'Day from W.A.

Perth Western Australia that is! Seems like a few of us from down under have managed to find our way here. Not surprising given the quality of the information available.

I have been on a few hikes on the Bibbulmun Track http://www.bibbulmuntrack.org.au
    using a cotton MEX style backyard hammock. Heavy, but comfortable, if bloody cold! (0C / 32F on the first hike with it, no UQ!)

After hiking with some new friends, one of them turned me on to the ultralight concept, so my days of 30+ kilo (60 + pound) pack weights are history.

The DIY section is a real goldmine!

My eventual aim is to walk the "Bib Track" end to end, and to complete the
    Kokoda Track in PNG, which holds a special place in many Aussies minds.

Any how. Thanks for all the info, hope to get some pics up once the project is underway. Those HH clones with custom mods look the bomb!

Cheers

Bill
    Welcome to the group. I was in your neck of the woods earlier this year. Saw the southern part of the track in passing. Sounds like a great way to spend a couple months.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast