Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Great vid's looks like a great time was had by all!!!!!!!

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner or a gathered-end
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangin' Burrito View Post
    Good job on the video! No aliens, no ghost sightings, oh well.... maybe next time.
    Perhaps when I go to Linville Gorge there'll be some activity from Brown Mtn.
    Thanks for sharing the video with us, hopefully someday we'll meet at a hang!
    You're welcome for the video, Burrito--have fun at the Gorge (wish I could go, too )

Quote Originally Posted by Cranky Bear View Post
    Great vid's looks like a great time was had by all!!!!!!!
    Thanks, Bear. It was really a very good time.
    --Scott <><

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful... because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...." --Robert Traver

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner or a gathered-end
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by otter46544 View Post
    You get no sense of BC from pictures and the video. You have to experience BC to have a clue what he is like. That man has more energy than my kids and can easily eat as much as my 15 yr old. If he isnt laughing about something he is about to.
    Agree 100%. Great guy. Met a lot of those that weekend!
    --Scott <><

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful... because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...." --Robert Traver

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Ha ha ha.
    BC finally got quiet on the ride home, after a few miles went by without him talking, I turned to see him asleep. Said 'hey, he does shut up..', BC starts laughing and started talking again. He's genuine and honest and full of energy.

I think he has a tapeworm.
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gargoyle View Post
    Ha ha ha.
    BC finally got quiet on the ride home, after a few miles went by without him talking, I turned to see him asleep. Said 'hey, he does shut up..', BC starts laughing and started talking again. He's genuine and honest and full of energy.

I think he has a tapeworm.
    Ghaaaaa .... that had me laughing out loud and snortin'!!!!!!! A rare thing.
    Garshk .... thankee you big ol' Gargoyle!!!!!!!
    Snikerin' Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    dbl layer SBPro &amp; GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    Funky Forest Tarp
    Insulation
    no sew SPE/ Sb Uq
    Suspension
    tree sling/huggers
    Images
    BC was a very energetic guy.
    Chris

Hammock
    WB Tribe
    Tarp
    OGeeTarp &amp; OES
    Insulation
    PHOENIX/BURROW
    Suspension
    Webbing N Whoopie
    Thank you very much guys, for all of the kind words.

After watching the videos, and looking at the pictures I would have to agree with you Shug ol' boy....they add 10 years, 10 inches, and 10 pounds to you, for everybody else to laught at.

Like yourself Shug, I am quite a backwoods bum, I was wearing my old geezer get-up (as you could probably tell), and trying to blend in with all of the gunslingers in town. I had my lucky rabbits foot and shamrock safely hidden under my old geezer hat though, and a knife ready for deployment if it came to a "battle-royale" that night. But alas, none of us hanging in "Spooktown" got probed ...or at least we won't admit to it.

My psycho-analyst had advised me that since it was going to be such a large gathering of distiguinshed individuals (it was rumored that some guy in a kilt might quote Shakspeare), that I should triple my dosage of laudnum, and just try to listen and observe, and let the real conversationalists do the heavy lifting (like Skyline, Canoebie, Mule and OMS).

I was able to comply with most of his requests, except when it came to the end of the Browning Hill Campfire, and Clintstime with Mrs. Clintstime (Emily) showed up, and then Gathered Stones put another log on the fire...I just knew that the HF Afterdark-creatures were in the house and had made thier presence known, and we would all have to watch over the rest while they hung in thier hammocks ("Druid-burritos" or maybe they were really "Pods" waiting to be snatched by the incoming alliens). The Irish spirit in me took over, and with the help of the other HF Afterdark-creatures present we proceeded to secure the sector, and solve most of the world's issues into the wee hours of the night. (for more details ya'll will have to see the soon-to-be released trip report). Just remember anything that is in the official debrief is true and to the best of my recollections.

I would never admit to being in the bag...but it does seem that a weakened mental state of mind was experienced by all of the brave and strong lassies, and laddies that stayed up until the "Hour of the wolf".

I say to all of the Hoosier Hangers, thanks for the kind words and letting me share your campfire, it was a special moment in time, and will always be remembered.

Happy Trails,
    Barefoot Child
    "If'n I'm gonna fall, someone is gonna' watch."
    Sean Emery

Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    TBD
    Insulation
    Rab Quantum
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Thanks for taking the time to put the videos out. I'm pretty bummed I wasn't able to attend. Next time maybe!
    "I know the feeling - It is the real thing - You can't refuse the embrace!" | "Go n-éirí an bóthar leat."

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123