Hennessy Explorer Deluxe A-Sym
    Tarp
    JrB Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JrB Nest Down-UQ
    Suspension
    Ring's N Webbing

Hammock Packing

I just ordered a Nest underquilt for my Hennessy Explorer deluxe and would like to hear how people pack this setup. I used snake skins with out the underquilt and lover it. Do you leave the underquilt install on the hammock and just stuff all of it into a stuff sack or remove the quilt put it into a sack and then stuff the hammock into a diffrent sack. Does any one make skins to go over the hammock when the quilt is installed? Thanks

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    I keep my quilts seperate from my hammock and my tarp seperate from quilt & hammock. I free stuff my quilts into my backpack, hammock (in it's sack) is placed in first and quilts are stuffed around it. My tarp goes into it's own stuff sack and is put into one of my front pockets (AARN pack). When I attach my UQ in the evening, I might attach it loose with air gaps if it's a really warm night or closer if it's gonna be cold. I like to fiddle with my gear so for me it tends to relax me knowing that I've got my gear for the night exactly the way I like it.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by shrkbit143 View Post
    I just ordered a Nest underquilt for my Hennessy Explorer deluxe and would like to hear how people pack this setup. I used snake skins with out the underquilt and lover it. Do you leave the underquilt install on the hammock and just stuff all of it into a stuff sack or remove the quilt put it into a sack and then stuff the hammock into a diffrent sack. Does any one make skins to go over the hammock when the quilt is installed? Thanks
    i put my quilts in a JRB stuff sack and always shake them out before using (fluff them up. my hammock i just throw in and my tarp in a mesh bag(bag from walmart that had golf balls in it) and store on outside of pack.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom OES
    Insulation
    DIM UQ NoSniv TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Triglide/strap
    Images
    Underquilt & (hammock) suspension is 'Permanently" attached, hammock, suspension & UQ go into a Black Bishop Bag. Top quilt goes into it's JRB stuff sack. Both stuff sacks go into separate plastic bags for rain protection.
    When you have a backpack on, no matter where you are, you’re home.
    PAIN is INEVITABLE. MISERY is OPTIONAL.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctari View Post
    Underquilt & (hammock) suspension is 'Permanently" attached, hammock, suspension & UQ go into a Black Bishop Bag. Top quilt goes into it's JRB stuff sack. Both stuff sacks go into separate plastic bags for rain protection.
    i'm lost????????????????

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    NeoAir LT / DIY UQ
    Suspension
    WB webbing
    Images
    So far, I have left my UQ attached to the hammock (w/ suspension) and tarp separate.

I'm paranoid about getting my down wet so I stuff the hammock w/ UQ and suspension attached into a roll-top dry bag. My down TQ has a separate roll-top dry bag. Both bags are put in the bottom of my pack.

The tarp in it's own bag goes in the outside pocket of my pack.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I leave my UQ attached and my TQ/hood inside the hammock, then stuff the whole mess into a blackbishop bag.

I used to use Python Skins, but it wasn't as convenient as the blackbishop bag, IMO.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    I leave my UQ attached and my TQ/hood inside the hammock, then stuff the whole mess into a blackbishop bag.

I used to use Python Skins, but it wasn't as convenient as the blackbishop bag, IMO.
    Must be a humongus BB Bag!!!!!
    Is it?
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WarBonnet BB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    Maccat Deluxe Spin
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniv + Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoppie Slingin'
    Keep your tarp seperate from your other gear, in its own stuff sack, U don't wanna put funky smelling possibly bird feces having gear in with your clean gear. I also don't like the stuff it all in one bag approach, i like to pack my pack a certain way with the weight close to my lower back, and in my aarn front pockets, this way its balanced. If i put it all in one, all that weight is concentrated in one area.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    It's a pretty big bag...

My 3 season bag isn't all that big, but I just made a new one a couple days ago for my winter kit. It's pretty big, but I can stuff it down once it's in my pack to make room for everything else, and then it expands to take up all the extra volume and keep the load stable.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast