Homemade Speer-type
    Tarp
    BlackCat
    Insulation
    Potomac UQ
    Suspension
    Homemade/CC Buckle
    Images
    I've been drinking a fair amount for the last year or so....but I don't go out. I sit and drink beer and work E&M or QM problems. I know, I know....you don't have to say it
    "Physics is the only true science. All else is stamp collecting." - J. J. Thompson

Images
    It's the only way to get through that hard classes. Your brain needs a release. Some of the biggest partiers I knew where engineers, science, or design majors.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Procrastination is good time management - if you put it off 'till the last minute, it only takes a minute to do. Otherwise, I'd spend days on it!

If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done.

Except for hammocks.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    Homemade Speer-type
    Tarp
    BlackCat
    Insulation
    Potomac UQ
    Suspension
    Homemade/CC Buckle
    Images
    That's why I drink, I think....I like physics too much to procrastinate properly, unless I'm lit
    "Physics is the only true science. All else is stamp collecting." - J. J. Thompson

Images
    My motto is "Why put off until tomorrow what you can get away with never doing at all"

I suspect that my problem stems from always having found it really easy to pass. Someone once told me that "51% is too much, and 49% is not enough." Another gem that a doctor once told me: "Never allow uni to interfere with your social life". If I can consistently pass with a few days (or hours) of strategic cramming before essays and exams, then why do any more?

Of course, an efficient 'purge' afterwards is very important - usually courtesy of a couple of dozen beers (get this crap out of my head!). It's like hitting the reboot button on a computer - it clears the cache and frees up some memory.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe Sil
    Insulation
    DIY Quilt+HG Inc20
    Hmm, I'm liking undergrad more and more from the comments! Although at this point, I am trying to decide whether or not to try and go for the "Take-5" program I want. U of Rochester has an awsome program that lets you come back for a 5th year tuition free, but the only catch is that you can't study anything related to your major.

Part of the reason that I went to UofR was for the music program (Eastman School of Music), and I think that doing a Take5 for music performance would be awsome. Now if I can get myself to be dedicated enough to do it in a foriegn, non-english speaking country (Berlin, anyone?)

But for now, calc, physics and chem are the issues at hand. Argg.

Brian
    OES
    Last edited by Brian; 11-07-2006 at 01:21.
    Brian MacMillin
    www.OutdoorEquipmentSupplier.com
    Home of the new MacCat Gen4 hammock tarps

Hammock
    Homemade Speer-type
    Tarp
    BlackCat
    Insulation
    Potomac UQ
    Suspension
    Homemade/CC Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Hmm, I'm liking undergrad more and more from the comments! Although at this point, I am trying to decide whether or not to try and go for the "Take-5" program I want. U of Rochester has an awsome program that lets you come back for a 5th year tuition free, but the only catch is that you can't study anything related to your major.

Part of the reason that I went to UofR was for the music program (Eastman School of Music), and I think that doing a Take5 for music performance would be awsome. Now if I can get myself to be dedicated enough to do it in a foriegn, non-english speaking country (Berlin, anyone?)

But for now, calc, physics and chem are the issues at hand. Argg.

Brian
    OES
    Hey I'll make a deal with ya You come take the fine arts crap I gotta get through next semester and I'll get you A's in all your science and math!

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Hey Brian - I like the new sig...
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

Hammock
    DIY speer type
    Tarp
    OES Maccat
    Insulation
    JRB Nest+ORM
    Suspension
    Webbing + Slings
    Images
    ha! I'm done done done for the year- and I don't have to get back till March. Summer is coming! And that means lots of hammock play time. yay!

titanium_hiker
    my hammock gear weights total: 2430g (~86oz)
    Winter: total 2521 (~89oz)
    (see my profile for detailed weights)

gram counter, not gram weenie!

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Silly Aussies - even the seasons are backwards!

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast