Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Insulation
    warm stuff

Brownie Encampment.....Update in red

Well Toad and I packed the car yesterday and drove up to Indian Lake Camp.
    We didn't take much, they have provided cabins and are providing food. We had a good time getting settled last night and today the kids are making crafts and hanging out. I am back for work for a while today.
    So this morning i woke up at like 5:50 am and thought that i would make some coffee and enjoy some quiet time. I gathered my jetboil and coffee and set it on the picnic table out front of our cabin and decided to take a quick walk to the bathhouse. (i will post pictures soon) Well, I washed my hands and walked out of the bath house and made it like 10 feet when i saw a HUGE black crow flying low with something in it's beak. I looked over and saw my jetboil and didn't see my little ziplock bag half under it anymore..
    so i turn around and in a tree right next to the bath house i see this bird, perched and poking holes through my ziplock!!!!!! HE STOLE MY COFFEE!!!! so I ran over and threw a stick thinking i could scare him away and he would drop my coffee....That didn't work. He flew away, but with my coffee.
    Idian Lake is a christian summercamp that allows us the use of the facility for this one weekend a year. I, in my sleepy state, was not thinking that a BIRD would steal a ziplock baggie with instant coffee packs in it, but i guess the bird like starbucks. although he has yet to steal the cheetos that were spilled by another cabin.
    well i should get back to work now....just thought i would warn you to keep hold of your coffee for black crows are fast and need caffine.

So we are home now...i am wiped out, the bunks were horribly uncomfortable. I have posted a few pictures, the theme was fairies so that is the reason for the wings. It was fun and everyone had a great laugh about the stupid bird. I learned my lesson and had some great coffee last night and this morning without any interference. It was a very pretty drive home for the most part. we hit traffic close to home. A car had flipped over in the same spot it did last year. (weird--2 years in a row, same road, same spot, same day, and about the same time, and 2 different cars flip over) well hope you all have a great night.....i am going to bed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Adia; 05-02-2010 at 19:02. Reason: update and photos
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once. Jennifer Unlimited
    Health food may be good for the conscience, but Oreos taste a hell of a lot better. -- Robert Redford

http://daydreamingmisadventurer.blogspot.com/

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    That was my CrowSpirit .... sorry ... I was groggy and I am a very mischievous and criminal Crow........
    CrowShug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    That was my CrowSpirit .... sorry ... I was groggy and I am a very mischievous and criminal Crow........
    CrowShug

Shug you are too much, I really needed that laugh, I had a "REALLY" "REALLY" bad day yesterday, between you and Adia I think my mood is improving!!!!

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe 2Q's MOD 3
    Tarp
    Large HH Tarp
    Insulation
    XL 3in self inflat
    Suspension
    Whoopiesling/strap
    Adia you have made my morning complete.

I can just picture you shouting....THAT"S MY COFFEE!!!!

Tom

Insulation
    warm stuff
    So glad i could be such a help to so many...lol
    I have to laugh or I will cry....I stopped at this crappy little gas station, only to pay for the worst cup of coffee i have ever had... I bought some more coffee and need to stop off and get sugar, i have more creamer in my pack. tomorrow morning will be different. hopefully.

CrowShug....If you fly by and steal my coffee again you will turn into ROASTED CROWSHUG.
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once. Jennifer Unlimited
    Health food may be good for the conscience, but Oreos taste a hell of a lot better. -- Robert Redford

Yea I can see it now "National geographic special report, a crow has been found circling the earth, we believe he strung out on Starbuck's dark roast coffee and sugar that he stole from someone! How do we know it's Starbuck's he was still holding the package in his beak"

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Quest
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Before you know it, AHE will be offering a "Crow Bag" to thwart the critters.
    And I'd buy one to protect my coffee.
    He is your friend, your companion, your defender... he is your dog. You are his life, his leader, and master. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of that devotion.

Quote Originally Posted by swampfox View Post

Knowing Paul, it's already done!!!!

Insulation
    warm stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by swampfox View Post
    I need one.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    LARGE!
    Insulation
    DIY Bag UQ
    Suspension
    Nacras an Whoopies
    The gram weenies are now torn between no caffeine and the new heavy duty crow proof coffee tin.

Next time keep a slingshot in your back pocket ala Bart Simpson/Dennis The Menace !
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast