Tarp
    TBD
    Insulation
    Rab Quantum
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorax View Post
    I've got to say thanks to Canoeski for putting this together. It was great meeting everybody, dayhiking around and watching the girls play and have a good time. It's great seeing kids that have the interest of the outdoors in them. I believe Savy had a great time learning all she did with her own private naturalist by her side the whole weekend.

The $20,000 chili recipe was worth $20,312.46 in my book because I would pay a premium to have that again. The same for the cornbread and baked apples.

Once again, thanks to everybody for a great time in a very beautiful area.
    -Lorax
    Full trip report with pics to come in the Trip Report section, but I just HAD to comment here... Conoeski went wellllll beyond the call of duty to insure everyone had a great weekend. From the trail markers to the Dutch Oven cuisine, it was a great time. The food was AWESOME. I would pay premium money to get a quart of that chili!!! He even had all the fixin's for the chili, including cheese, sour cream and fresh choppped onion. Additional delights: Chili, corn bread, beer bread, baked apples... mmmmm.... he could have fed 12 guys. I can't believe he did all that for 4 + 2 kids. I can't say enough!
    "I know the feeling - It is the real thing - You can't refuse the embrace!" | "Go n-éirí an bóthar leat."

Hammock
    warbonnet blackbird, eno doublenest
    Tarp
    oes,warbonnet
    Insulation
    yeti/incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie sling AHE
    this was a great hang with great people and awesome food, has anyone said the chili that canoeski brewed up was 5 star resturant quality stuff, like 18.50 a bowl stuff. hats off to the chef, he got game when it comes to chili, was good to see sir nothing and talk about the northern hang and the upcoming northern hang, lorax with 33 yrs of hiking under his belt had awesome stories of his journies. hats off to all was great fun, wanted to thank the private land owner for letting us use his primo dirt for a hang. we had 2 10 yr old ladies that were with us that were awesome, great job jayden and savannah
    i do not remember the question, however i believe beer is the answer

Hammock
    HH UExpl; WBBB; JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    CCS; HH Hex; WB Su
    Insulation
    MW-3, Sierra Sniv
    Suspension
    Woopie, Dutch Clip
    Thanks for the complements, but it was really my pleasure to be able to host you and meet most all for the first time.

The chili was an experiment, and you were the guinea pigs. Glad all survived.

This was a first for me in many ways: First hosting of an outing, first meeting all but kayaknut, first time dutch oven cooking with other than scouts, first time hanging with whoopie slings, first time making and using an alcohol stove, and first time in 4 years camping without adolescent boys (you girls were way more behaved!)

After everybody left by early afternoon, I spent the next 6-7 hours doing reconnaissance for a stealth hang in a nearby State Natural Area. I couldn't figure how to get in because it's land-locked by private land. But I did find a fantastic spot in a Public Hunting and Fishing Area. It's a mile walk down into an brooding, enchanted wooded valley, with a crystal trout stream running through it.

There are more pics in Album:
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/a...hp?albumid=432

Glad you could all make it and I look forward to hang together soon.
    ~bill.
    Not all who wander are lost.

Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    TBD
    Insulation
    Rab Quantum
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Add a few more pics in the trip report section

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...307#post260307
    "I know the feeling - It is the real thing - You can't refuse the embrace!" | "Go n-éirí an bóthar leat."

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456