I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Whooooo Buddy fr8pilot1 ...... Yelcome to de Hummock Furom.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WBB Superfly
    Suspension
    Adjustable Web
    Images
    Thanks Shug...

The coldest winter I ever spent was "one night" pre-flighting a plane in Minnie...that one night was enough cold and snow to do me the rest of the winter.

Images
    Welcome fr8pilot1 from a MS hanger! One who also occasionally hangs with the gang over in AL!

This forum has grown so huge. There are now a whole bunch of experienced folks with good advice to offer, based on their personal experience and preferences. I can see how it would be a bit overwhelming trying to figure out, by reading the thousands of posts here from lots of different folks, which hammock is right for you.

But don't let it get to you. After all, this really is not quite rocket science, at least not yet. It's just that people like me like to put out a lot of words discussing the minutiae of their favorite things, like sleeping comfortably in the woods. But there is a (simple)bottom line: do you like your ENO? Are you way more comfy than you were on the ground? Well, then, I'd say that is the hammock for you, or at least it's plenty good enough. If you are sleeping comfortably, there is really no reason for you to ever try out another hammock. Unless maybe you want to for fun!

Having said all of that, I'm sure I have a 1/2 dozen different hammocks! And I don't have a hands down favorite, it depends on what day it is I guess. But I can be happy using about any of them on a hiking trip. If I was stuck with my original HH UL Explorer(not very popular hammocks around here anymore seems to me), I'd still be A-OK. Before I got any other hammocks, I was having some profound rest in that HH at the end of long hiking days, or even base camps. I guess I didn't know any better.

Are some hammocks a little more comfy in some ways than others. Yep. But really, I was already REAL comfy in that HH, especially on my back with a little something under my knees. How much more comfy can I get than REAL comfy? Well, I guess a little, but I'm still fine with the original. Others find greater differences, so it comes down to personal prefs. Which can only be determined by personal trial. But if you are good in your ENO, you are already there!

Unless, of course, you are a fanatic like me and just want to try them all. ( but warning! Once you go that route, you will want to try all the different insulation options, and tarps, and suspensions, and.......... ) But it's all good!

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WBB Superfly
    Suspension
    Adjustable Web
    Images
    BillyBob, thanks for the expert advise. While it may not be considered one of the top of the line hammocks, for the money and quality, I am very happy with my ENO doublenest. I also like the BugGuardian and the fact that it is not attached to the hammock itself. I am sure there are a lot of pros and cons to this issue and I look forward to researching that issue as well.

I am currently in the market for a tarp/fly and have narrowed the search down to a Superfly or the JRB Cat. The JRB is really attractive since they have cut the price for their annual sale. Right now...leaning toward the Superfly because of the extra coverage. If I decide Superfly then just might have to order a BB as well. Afterall everyone needs a back up...right?

Thanks again...

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12