I finally finished my DIY hennessy and was able to take it for a test drive this last weekend on a scout overnight. But, I had one major problem, keeping the mat in the right place. The biggest problem was keeping my two layers together, but I can fix that by sewing them together.

Here is a description of what I did. Basically I followed the DIY hennessy instructions but I used 1.1 oz instead of 1.9. I wanted a double layer to put my mat in between layers. Because I wanted to be able to put stuff between layers, the two layers are only connected on the ends, not on the sides. When I put the mat (old US army issued CCF) in between the layers, one layer went one way, the other went the other way. Well, I figure that problem should be easy enough to fix, just sew one side together and leave a large enough gap on the other side to slip a bad in. So, now to the next issue. How do I keep the pad in the right place when I lay diagonal? The mat doesn't want to stay on the diagonal, and it is a pain in the but to keep moving it back. Any suggestions? Do I make any sense? thanks in advance.

One other thing. I put a ridge line in, but when I layed in the hammock, the ridge line just sagged. Is it too short?, or is the hammock not strung tight enough? I guess I need to take some pictures for this one.