Images

Any tips for ridgline storage? and more tips?

Hi fellow hangers. I'm psyched, getting my pack all set to leave Friday for Hoh River hike from about sea level to the Blue Glacier on Mt. Olypus in Olympic National Park! (subject to last minute changes, for weather, etc. Possibly Glacier Peak Wilderness or Lake Chelan in North Cascades).

What are the various methods here to make use of the ridgeline loops on the HH? I'm about to attach some skinny spectra to them hoping to be more adjustable. Do most of you guys just hang directly to them, or does anybody have an adjustable line attached to the HH inside loop?

I have hung directly to them before, but then the load either ends up hanging outside the hammock, or, if inside, sliding down a little into the sleeping area. Same with the head end, and the supplied net storage sack, all slides towards me. I'm just looking for some ideas, I suspect there are some good ones available.

Also, have you guys noticed any stretch difference between the suspension spectra ropes and 1" Speer 800lb webbing? Or how about with the Harborfreight 1" 1500lb webbing? It might be in my head, but it seems like since I put the Speer webbing on the footend ( already had Speer 1st, the HF, on the head), I am getting more stretch.

Of course, if there actually is more stretch, another variable is: On the head end, I changed the stock 1600 lb rope and subbed the 1900lb spyderline. Last night, being in a hurry, I just used the stock rope to the buckle. I doubt it is the rope, though, as I had already been using the stock rope with nylon cleat/biner/1.5" tree hugger on the foot, with buckle/webbing on the head, without thinking I had increased sag(stretch).

Anyway, has anyone noticed any increased stretch?

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Later

Bill

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB Big MJ
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, HR & MW4
    Images
    I've hooked mini-caribiners through the loops and attach a stuff sack to the one on the foot end, leaving the the neck of the sack accessible. It does a good job of keeping the morning change of clothes in place. Pushing the bag to one side or the other seems to keep it from falling through the bottom opening. One morning I woke up to find it hanging outside the hammock but it wasn't any big deal to swing it back inside to get at the contents.

Same deal at the head end but I've got a CPAP machine and battery in mesh bags hanging from that 'biner.
    Last edited by sk8rs_dad; 08-28-2007 at 15:22.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8rs_dad View Post
    Same deal at the head end but I've got a CPAP machine and battery in mesh bags hanging from that 'biner.
    Now, that's what I call REALLY making use of the ridge-line storage loops!

• + New Posts