Hammock campground in Seattle area?

OK, I was going to go out NE of Seattle this weekend, to a little trail part way up Stevens Pass, to test out my SPE-like hammock pad, as well as some other camping gear. I wouldn't be able to hike very far, since I'm trying out several items in addition to the pad, so my pack will be about 50 lbs, so I figured I could hike just a mile or so into the woods...but I've just read that there's snow blocking the dirt road to the trailhead.

I revised my plan to use one of the state parks (that are at a lower elevation, so I can still get into them), but they are all "reserved" already.

So, I've dialed back my plans again, and I'm looking for an actual campground in the Seattle area, where I can still do my testing. But I haven't been able to find any campgrounds that have trees where I could set up. The ones I've checked out so far are RV-style campgrounds, where the area is clear-cut (empty of trees) in the actual "tent" areas.

I would use my backyard, but the two trees that are available are almost 20 feet apart, and when I initially setup there just to get practice for hanging, I had to string the hammock too tightly, in order to span the distance.

Anyone here live in this area, that could point out any campgrounds that I might be able to use?

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    HG Asym, WB BMJ
    Insulation
    HG All the way!
    Suspension
    webbing
    Images
    there's a bunch across the sound...there's one i remember fondly on the left hand side a couple miles south of port townsend, goes all the way down to the water front. or if you're equipped for the cold, just head up the pass, find a forest service road and go as far you're comfortable in the car and pick a couple trees, the same for snoqualmie. i've done just that down there. everywhere south of 90 is littered with forest roads, all national forest so perfectly ok to camp on.

just googled it, old fort townsend state park

• + New Posts