Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aceatc View Post
    I've just had some bad experiences with the cheaper hammocks and need something solid that will last.
    The traveller hammock that I linked above is very dependable with one slight modification. I removed the stock cord that you attach to the webbing (or whatever you decide to use) after seeing, hearing, then feeling it "pop". The cord still supported weight, but made me nervous. I went to West Marine and bought replacement cord for around $6, undid the knots and replaced it for a total time investment (including driving) of about 20 minutes. Never had a problem after that. Less than $30 total investment.

It's looking like I'm gonna have to spend more than I want, but what can you do.

This looks like a good possibility if I can't find the fabrics I need, but you can't put a price on safety... or comfort, probably.

wal marts almost always have it, they simply dont know what is in the $1/yd Bin

Go look in person, but if you cant find any, send me a PM, and Ill send you enough fabric to make one.

Quote Originally Posted by ozarkjeep View Post

Go look in person, but if you cant find any, send me a PM, and Ill send you enough fabric to make one.
    I'm gonna be out and about Thursday and I'm gonna pass by two walmarts, I'll check them both in person and see. Even so, I still kinda doubt. Ehh, who knows.

Hammock
    My DIY 10.5'X5' speer style
    Tarp
    PW 10X12 Cathedral
    Insulation
    PW Comforter Quilt
    Suspension
    1"poly webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ozarkjeep View Post

Even Hancock Fabrics didn't have a clue what ripstop or sil was, I agree you have to go and check for yourself. If you cannot find any, Ed Speers always has some for not a bad price.
    Psalm 19:1-3 "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard."

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Preacha Man View Post
    Even Hancock Fabrics didn't have a clue what ripstop or sil was, I agree you have to go and check for yourself. If you cannot find any, Ed Speers always has some for not a bad price.

Really? The Hancock Fabrics near my house has about 6 or 7 different colors of Ripstop nylon. The ladies there are very well versed in it ("this is what you make wind suits out of").

I don't know if it's 1.1 or 1.9 oz, but there's a pretty good selection. They even have Woodland Camo ripstop for 7.99/yard. The others colors are 4.99/yard usually. Anyway, check around your area. Each store seems to have different supplies.

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Images
    Regular fabric stores can have cheap fabric sales too!

Up here Wally world never seems to have the "good stuff", especially not in the $1.98 (Canadian) bin...

But I did buy 10 yards of black nylon netting from my local fabric store for $1/metre... (that's about $0.88 US per yard) So shop around. You never know what you'll find!

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123