ENO doublenest
    Tarp
    CCS Tundra Tarp
    Insulation
    AHE New River
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings AHE
    Quote Originally Posted by GingivitisKahn View Post
    It's an unmodified (but for the improvised ridge line) ENO Doublenest. Just measured it and it appears to be about 9' long, maybe a hair over.

I can see I'm going to need to play w/ ridgeline length a bit. I took mine off in the process of measuring stuff and that flattened it out a fair bit. Tried it like that and in that brief experiment, it did seem a bit more comfie. Interesting.
    The ENO webpage says it is 6' 8" x 9' 10"

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    BCUSA 10x10
    Insulation
    PLUQ perhaps
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Huggers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Voyageur View Post
    The ENO webpage says it is 6' 8" x 9' 10"
    Hrm...

I'll check again and see if I can figure out where they are getting 10 inches on me. Maybe they are measuring to the end of the built in suspension or maybe I just messed up. Naaaah!

Quote Originally Posted by GingivitisKahn View Post
    Maybe they are measuring to the end of the built in suspension or maybe I just messed up. Naaaah!
    Or yours was made from the end of the bolt of cloth and it's a bit short.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    BCUSA 10x10
    Insulation
    PLUQ perhaps
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Huggers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris Losdindawoods View Post
    Or yours was made from the end of the bolt of cloth and it's a bit short.
    Short sheeted in hammock land - hrmph! I might just have to investigate that.

I have a double nest played with a ridgeline today and the sweet spot for me was between 96 and 98 inches. I say that because I used some mason line and it was about 96 before I got in the hammock and stretched to 98 with me in it. I am 6'2". By the way traditional archer here too.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    BCUSA 10x10
    Insulation
    PLUQ perhaps
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Huggers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Meathook View Post
    I have a double nest played with a ridgeline today and the sweet spot for me was between 96 and 98 inches. I say that because I used some mason line and it was about 96 before I got in the hammock and stretched to 98 with me in it. I am 6'2". By the way traditional archer here too.
    So your ridgeline stretches when you get in the hammock? That's weird because if I have mine taught before I climb in, it tends to sag once I get my big butt in the hammock. Funky.

We have a yearly gathering of trad bowhunters in east central Ohio in October usually (camping, hunting, goofing off round the campfire, etc.). Hopefully, I'll have my hanging act together before the next one.

Mine sags if I sit in it but when I lay down and stretch out it gets tight. My measurements are probably not exact. I lay diagonally with my feet to my right.

I am sure we know some of the same people. The trad world isn't that big.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    BCUSA 10x10
    Insulation
    PLUQ perhaps
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Huggers
    Images
    Did my first all nighter in the doublenest last night - back in the wilds of my back yard. Still using a cheapo wallyworld tarp but it seemed to do fine in spite of a couple of rain spats overnight. Since it was cool (50s), I figured I could get away with no bugnet and I have no bug bites of which I am aware.

Comfort... hrm. I thought I had the ridgeline length about right but between the hammock and slapstrap pros my gear did some stretching and my back was yelling at me off and on all night. I'm guessing my butt was 6" closer to the ground this morning than it was when I started.

Anyway, I dozed a bit, got up to stretch and walk around and repeated 4-5 times between 10 and 2. After that though, I slept well enough until about 6 when the squirrels started chasing up and down my trees. Heh.

Warmth was ok though - had an inflatable Thermarest underneath and used a light, fleece sleeping bag liner as a quilt up top (also wearing fleece jacket and a wool cap). If anything, the pad was a bit too warm. Think the next project is going to have to be a PLUQ.

Weirdly, earlier that day, I took an epic nap in the same setup (sans top cover) after a good morning turkey hunting / bow fishing. The nap was as comfortable as could be - not so much the evening's sleep.

Kahn, if you didn't already know those straps your using (slap straps) are the worst, they will stretch an insane amount, do yourself a favor and get a better set of straps (or entire suspension) and it will help out a ton!

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    BCUSA 10x10
    Insulation
    PLUQ perhaps
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Huggers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranky Bear View Post
    Kahn, if you didn't already know those straps your using (slap straps) are the worst, they will stretch an insane amount, do yourself a favor and get a better set of straps (or entire suspension) and it will help out a ton!
    Tree huggers / whoopie slings - on the list. If I'd been thinking last night I should have adjusted the dang thing a bit tighter after it started stretching. Oh well - live and learn.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast