Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I hammock (and am a woman).

It took me a couple nights to get used my hammock and learn how to get comfortable for sleeping. So your wife may just need a bit of trial and error.

As for specific techniques, I have a homemade hammock. What I do may not work for her. Still, I find that my most comfortable position tends to be half on my back and half on my side, kind of nestled against one of the hammock sides. This helps me keep a slight bend in my knees. I've never used a pad in my hammock or intentionally hung one end higher than the other. Playing with a ridgeline may help (I did a fair bit of tweaking on mine).

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Michele's comment to put the clothing bag or something else soft under the knees to reverse the lock caused by the rise of the hammock end is the current best option..... if she can get alittle more asym that will help, but as the hammock is narrow and as one gets taller there is a limit to the Asm "flatness" that can be achieved....Best solution for this issue is the Bridge hammock as it is a true lay flat design...It also reduces any trunk torque that the asym lay may contribute because it is used in alignment with the suspension....

Remember on the bridge hammock subject I'm biased.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter_pan View Post
    Michele's comment to put the clothing bag or something else soft under the knees to reverse the lock caused by the rise of the hammock end is the current best option..... if she can get alittle more asym that will help, but as the hammock is narrow and as one gets taller there is a limit to the Asm "flatness" that can be achieved....Best solution for this issue is the Bridge hammock as it is a true lay flat design...It also reduces any trunk torque that the asym lay may contribute because it is used in alignment with the suspension....

Remember on the bridge hammock subject I'm biased.

Pan
    Pan can you give us an ETA on your Bear Mountain bridge hammock?
    Curious minds want to know....thanks.....
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FanaticFringer View Post
    Pan can you give us an ETA on your Bear Mountain bridge hammock?
    Curious minds want to know....thanks.....
    FF and other curious minds,

Hopefully late fall.....With luck MAHHO may be a debute for the Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock.... no promise though.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12