Hammock
    Tree Boat
    Tarp
    Guide
    Insulation
    CCF
    Suspension
    straps
    Cans on the way from Canada. Should reach you this week. There may even be some thing extra in the package. Why it takes weeks for a package to cross the Atlantic is a mistery to me.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1SL/UKHamm
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 4S/CamoSF
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WhoopieDutchness
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenose Climbers View Post
    Cans on the way from Canada. Should reach you this week. There may even be some thing extra in the package. Why it takes weeks for a package to cross the Atlantic is a mistery to me.
    Now there's a good result eh Gill

Hammock
    Blackbird xlc
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    Home made down qui
    Suspension
    whoopies
    superb buddy,thanks a lot i,ll let you know how i get on with it.

Hammock
    Blackbird xlc
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    Home made down qui
    Suspension
    whoopies
    I got the stove setup my friend ,it is the bussiness cant wait to get out n try it ,thanks very much.stonecold

Hammock
    Tree Boat
    Tarp
    Guide
    Insulation
    CCF
    Suspension
    straps
    How's the new gear working out? Made anything from the "Molson Canadian" yet? Any pics?

Hammock
    Blackbird xlc
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    Home made down qui
    Suspension
    whoopies
    How's the new gear working out? Made anything from the "Molson Canadian" yet? Any pics?
    Nothing yet buddy, i,ve not had a chance to get out yet cause of work should get out soon maybe this week ,i,m planning a canoe trip up north.....

Hammock
    Gathered-end DIY
    Tarp
    rectangular
    Insulation
    CCF+polar blanket
    Suspension
    straps
    I share the Dutch beer lust with you
    This fancy can deal is really frustrating also where I live, in Poland. It seems like its made in large quantities only for the US market. There is nothing even similar to the Heineken mini-kegs here, no trace of Foster-like beer cans at all, even no aluminum bottles you all make this fancy stoves of. At least I could not find any - and I'm seeking this for a long few months now. Aluminum cans are also available only in quite normal sizes: beer, soda and energy drink cans (0.5, 0.33 and 0.25 liter) and a little variety of steel cans (from Redbull size up to 1 liter Faxe beer steel can and larger), but it all would rust if used for a longer time - and cooking and eating rust is not healthy.

The result is I boil the water in 0.5L stainless steel cup, which is pretty handy, you can get it in the very same dimension in every bigger market. It is reasonably light too. From time to time I'm trying something like pineapple can for a pot, hoping t won't rust. My stoves, made of steel Redbull-size cans, rust slowly. Steel is more rigid, this way more reliable, and you have a kind of impulse to improve a stove from time to time.

I don't want you to ship me anything, this won't solve any problems on a large scale (I don't even have too many lightweight backpacking friends here to share with).

What I would like to suggest for you, those from US, who has the opportunity to meet the fellows from EU (or wherever) - if you want to be nice straight from the airport, just ask what is and what is not available in the place your foreign mates are from, take a few of this fancy containers with you, and share it among lightweight backpackers from less consumerist countries.
    Last edited by Q_x; 06-13-2010 at 07:34.

Check out www.minibulldesign.com they sell several different models of Pots and wirestands,compact alcohol stoves,etc.

MikeSr39

Hammock
    Gathered-end DIY
    Tarp
    rectangular
    Insulation
    CCF+polar blanket
    Suspension
    straps
    Tinny does marvelous lighweight stoves. However I have some concerns about his pots:
    1. This are not recycled pots - he buys beer and spills the fluid away to get the pots. For me the idea behind the Heinnie (and using cans for boiling water in general) is that this is a form of a recycling, doing things frugally and as cheap as possible - meaning contra (or post)-consumerism kind of action, not producing more waste than needed as Tinny does.
    2. The price one has to pay when shipped across the globe is closer to the new titanium pot.

I mean - copper bottom, fiberglass wick wrapping, fancy knobbed lid - this are really good pots (and the price is good if you don't live across the ocean), but if I have a choice - I'd rather use some other cans or buy something made of titanium, one piece for a long time, and without the liner issues.
    Last edited by Q_x; 06-16-2010 at 04:23.

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Watch it Q x, this forum doesn't allow bashing.
    Tinny is a aal round nice guy/saint, and he does what he needs to do to fill orders...whats he suppose to do with 2-3 gallons of beer?? Drink it? If he did, how many stoves would get built? Worse yet, what would they look like?

Tone down your comments please, from one member to another!
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast