Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips

Goat Island, Lake Greenwood, SC . . . interest???

Recently boating around Lake Greenwood with my in-laws and we circumnavigated Goat Island. Not very familiar with the lake or even Goat Island but I noticed that there are several designated campsites on the island (seems we would have to call to reserve a site). Obviously to me this island became suspect to the ever-growing destinations for a Hammock Forum Hang. Several questions would need to be answered prior to locking this in such as dates, how to get to Goat Island which can only be reached by a boat, and what would be the nearest public boat ramp we could use.

This is a very random thought I have had for 3 weeks now but the idea seems to be growing on others as well so I figured I would share my thoughts in the open arena for all to comment. Don't necessarily want to be the "ringleader" for this hang, just starting a conversation.

Any takers ???
    “He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again he doesn't know the meaning of most words”
    - Bobby Bowden

Hammock
    none
    Tarp
    none
    If there's going to be people with boats or canoes that will share space to get to the island, I'm in.
    I have heard your confession I know who you blame
    If you had it all back you'd just lose it again
    Can't bank on redemption if you ain't saved
    Don't bring me your tales of temptation and loss
    Don't bring me the pieces of your shattered cross

-- Stuart Adamson

Hammock
    MYOG 1.1 Double Layer
    Tarp
    DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY top & U Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Interested

I am definitely interested. I will help in the organization of this if I can.
    From the map, it looks like the nearest boat ramp is at the state park.

This link goes to a pdf map of Goat Island
    http://www.co.greenwood.sc.us/_fileU...land%20Map.pdf

...and this is what I found from Greenwood County Lake Management.
    1. No cutting of trees shall be permitted on the Island, or destruction of trees and other plant
    life.
    2. Absolutely no littering. All trash and litter brought to the Island must be removed by the
    expiration of this permit.
    3. Campfires must be built in such a way as to prevent spread of the fire and must be
    completely extinguished prior to the expiration of this permit. Fires can only be used to burn
    dead wood gathered on the Island or brought to the Island. Burning trash is prohibited.
    4. There will be no camping in the backside of the Island facing the Greenwood County
    shoreline. All campsites must face the lake body.
    5. This permit is good for one campsite, not to exceed the number of tents indicated below. No
    campsite may be located within 100 ft of another site.
    6. The use of alcohol or illegal drugs is absolutely prohibited.
    7. This permit is only for the period and time shown below, and for the person to whom it is
    issued. This permit is not transferable.
    8. Any violation of the above provisions of this permit will result in the immediate revocation of
    same, the forfeiture of the privilege to receive future permits, and/or prosecution for
    criminal and civil liabilities that might arise from these violations.
    9. Number in party must not exceed 10 persons per site unless approved otherwise.
    10. Checkout time is 2 pm.
    Check out my website www.cwhammocks.com or Find me on the YouTubes
    You can even"Like" me on facebook or follow me on Twitter @cwhammocks

"In my world everyone is a pony, and they all eat rainbows, and poop butterflies."

DONATE TO THE GOAT ISLAND FIRE PIT FUND

Hammock
    MYOG 1.1 Double Layer
    Tarp
    DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY top & U Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fulminated View Post
    If there's going to be people with boats or canoes that will share space to get to the island, I'm in.
    I've got a kayak and an extra canoe but no motorized boat. I can offer the canoe which is rated to 900#

"In my world everyone is a pony, and they all eat rainbows, and poop butterflies."

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    Nice map . . . thanks CW! I'm liking those 3 campsites together. Not sure how many would come but I have recently called to see if there was a fee and was told there is no fee, they just want you to have a reservation. I will have to say that my month of May and June is fairly busy but there's a slight possibility I could squeeze something in. My preference would be July or August but that would be tempting the "God of Heat and Humidity" to keep me awake all night.

But hey . . . I'm game !
    “He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again he doesn't know the meaning of most words”
    - Bobby Bowden

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    Quote Originally Posted by chickenwing View Post
    I've got a kayak and an extra canoe but no motorized boat. I can offer the canoe which is rated to 900#
    Thats a fairly good paddle if I recall correctly. My in-laws live on the lake but they are 2 coves past the State Park. I have a canoe as well but making that trip may take a few hours, just guessing. I wonder if there is a place closer we might be able to consider using. I will ask "Gram" if she has any friends that live closer and see if we can find a better access point than the State Park.
    - Bobby Bowden

Hammock
    MYOG 1.1 Double Layer
    Tarp
    DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY top & U Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskrat View Post
    I will have to say that my month of May and June is fairly busy but there's a slight possibility I could squeeze something in. My preference would be July or August but that would be tempting the "God of Heat and Humidity" to keep me awake all night.

But hey . . . I'm game !
    May is pretty much booked for me too. I have little time off with work and school and family but I should be able to squeeze a weekend trip into June, 2nd half of July, or August. I might even be encouraged to go if I told my wife I could take the kids, but that would depend on every one else.

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    Quote Originally Posted by chickenwing View Post
    May is pretty much booked for me too. I have little time off with work and school and family but I should be able to squeeze a weekend trip into June, 2nd half of July, or August. I might even be encouraged to go if I told my wife I could take the kids, but that would depend on every one else.
    Game ON for bringing the kids. I have two daughters (10 & 7) that both got HH Expeditions for Christmas and other than breaking them in in the backyard, they have yet to use them. Also seeing the strict regulations of no alcohol or drugs, seems like it should be a good time for all. I will say I do like my beer but with kids around it may be for the best to save the beer for Sunday afternoon while cleaning up the gear.
    - Bobby Bowden

Hammock
    MYOG 1.1 Double Layer
    Tarp
    DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY top & U Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    My daughters are 7 and 4 and they both have homemade gathered end hammocks. I am into the DIY. I enjoy the carbonated adult beverages as well, but not when I am supervising the children.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Quest
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    I'd be interested in this.
    Like most others, I'm booked up pretty much until August.
    I have the weekend after Labor Day earmarked to hang somewhere but haven't made any definite plans yet. I like the thought of September better than either July or August.
    If I can make it, I'll bring a boat to help haul people and gear.
    He is your friend, your companion, your defender... he is your dog. You are his life, his leader, and master. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of that devotion.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast