Hammock
    Hennessy Hammock UL backpacker
    Tarp
    OES 10x12
    Insulation
    Winter nest
    Images

crowsnest on asym hennessy?

I'm looking for another underquilt, I have the jrb winter nest and love it. I want to save weight so looking at the crowsnest (almost 10oz less). Anyone use the crowsnest on a hennessy?

I have one that I use on my HH Hyperlite, I didn't have Adam (Stormcrow) put on the loops to match up with the hammock pull out's, but it fit's great, not one problem! He make's a "GREAT" quilt! I had it out at the MAHHA hang and it got to 32* and with my Golite 3 season TQ I was toasty warm in my skivvy's!!!! I am a warm sleeper though, it that helps!?

Good to hear. Looking for a UQ for my HH.
    I don't have the 2QZQ mod (yet, waiting til the end of summer when I get down to the States). Would I have issues adjusting it and using the bottom entry?

Any reason you didn't get the pull outs that match the HH one?

Quote Originally Posted by Chingyul View Post
    Good to hear. Looking for a UQ for my HH.
    I don't have the 2QZQ mod (yet, waiting til the end of summer when I get down to the States). Would I have issues adjusting it and using the bottom entry?

Any reason you didn't get the pull outs that match the HH one?
    No real reason, I just forgot to tell him! But even without them it fit's great and since I have a 2QZQ zipper mod done to my HH if I need to adjust it all I have to do is open the zipper/adjust and good to go! Actually once I get it set I have the shock cord a little tight and it doesn't move alot! Now there are other quilt makers on here that make excellent quilts, and not to take anything away from them as their stuff can/will/and would perform just as good as Adam's quilt's, I just have a slight bias as the crowsnest is the only quilt I have so far!?!?

As far as the bottom entry issue, I had mine sewn up when ZQ did my mod, but there are many here that still have it and have no problem, it just takes some fiddle-in with to get it set right, now if you have the bottom entry it might be best to have the asym tie out loop's put on for you which would take some of that fiddle factor out! But I will say that the 2QZQ mod made a world of difference, made a good hammock into a great hammock, and ZQ's work is down right perfect, never a complaint!!!!
    Last edited by Cranky Bear; 05-16-2010 at 07:50. Reason: add to post!

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ's
    Images
    It will work fine on the HH. I don't have a crowsnest but have seen them in use and slept at a Holiday Inn Express. Storm makes a great quilt A couple hints to keep it simple

When its cold don't use the side tieouts on the HH and let the quilt wrap up around you more.

Bring the shockcord across the top of ridgeline instead of letting it hang down from suspension cords

Use an additional shockcord asym across the top. One end will attach to loop near shoulder and the other near feet. I attach to the "inside" of HH tieouts. This allows the quilt to be pulled up all the way to the tie out. On one side of tieout you have the quilt suspension and on the inside of tieout the additional cord. This allows the quilt to be adjusted along the length of the hammock as needed without being locked into one attachment point.

Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwrek View Post
    I'm looking for another underquilt, I have the jrb winter nest and love it. I want to save weight so looking at the crowsnest (almost 10oz less). Anyone use the crowsnest on a hennessy?
    Yes ... functions perfectly.

If you have the 2QZQ mods ... it's easier to adjust while in it ....

WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.

"A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin

Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream

Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    All of the JRB standard family UQ may be used with the HH... Simply push it aside to enter the JRB suspension snaps it back in place automatic...reverse to exit...Shenanaoah summer UQ is 15 oz and on sale currently.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    WBBB; WBRR; WBXLC;HH Exped
    Tarp
    Superfly; JRB Ulti
    Insulation
    HG TQ&UQ; AHE; WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies&Dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwrek View Post
    ===> I will be searching (soon) for a 3 season UQ for my HH Exped Asym. There are several people here who make UQs, and I soon will be asking them a lot of questions! Well, not too many. It's not rocket science - just fit and R-Ratings!! LOL!

But seriously, Although I HATE cold weather with a passion, this new hobby may just be a way to continue to enjoy the outdoors and LAUGH - MMWWAAAhahahahaa! at Old Man Winter!
    Live Purposefully; Dare Greatly; Land Gently

If you're going to do something wrong, go for it! - Beryl G.

"Never knock on Death's door - just ring the bell and run. He hates that!"

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_pan View Post
    All of the JRB standard family UQ may be used with the HH... Simply push it aside to enter the JRB suspension snaps it back in place automatic...reverse to exit...Shenanaoah summer UQ is 15 oz and on sale currently.

Pan
    Yes, but a JRB Nest is even easier.

• + New Posts