Tarp
    Work In Progress
    Insulation
    Work In Progress
    Suspension
    Work In Progress

Post Suggestions wanted

Hey Everyone,

After looking around I think I may have found a good hammock for myself Its a grand trunk skeeter beeter www.thetravelhammock.com/ProdDetails.aspx?prodId=70
    I maybe getting it as birthday gift and wondering if anyone has used one and how well do they work it looks cool on the website, but any comments and suggetions from the experts will be welcome thanks in advance.

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Yeah.. PA Pathfinder. I had one for my daughter for a while. It's a good hammock for starters. I say starters because I'm not sure sure it is a sturdy as some. I had some stitches come loose on the zipper but nothing that couldn't be fixed. Chief Hammock Officer (one of grand trunks main guys) is a member here and very approachable if you have a problem. You might want to consider the skeeter beeter pro of you are a fairly big guy. The skeeter beeter was slightly small for me. BTW if you want some help with the learning curve I might be able to get together with you.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    Work In Progress
    Insulation
    Work In Progress
    Suspension
    Work In Progress
    Thanks for the info ramblinrev and if and when I need help ill be sure to let ya knw.

Nice hammock, but for pete's sake, don't pay $80 for it.
    $40 - Skeeter Beeter
    $54 - Skeeter Beeter Pro

Boris

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    PA Pathfinder:
    I have the Travel Hammock ABES that my daughter uses when we go camping. This is a package deal that I got from REI, can still be purchased from Campmor.com, and it works great for her, she is only 9. This is a package deal for the SBPro and The Funky Forest Tarp. I tried it out when I first got it and I was way to confined when I was inside the hammock. I hope you don't take offense, from one big guy to another, I don't think it will be comfortable for you. I experienced a great amount of shoulder squeeze while I was in the hammock plus it is almost to short for me at 6'1". Not knocking the choice selection, it will be a gift, and it would be a great starter hammock for ya but shop around the price is a little high there. I got the ABES for $107 plus shipping and that came with the tarp.

Good luck in the quest and send me a pm, If you would like to try it before you buy it. Maybe we can work out a trial period to see if you actually like the hammock.
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbamaguy View Post
    Good luck in the quest and send me a pm, If you would like to try it before you buy it. Maybe we can work out a trial period to see if you actually like the hammock.
    Iafte is a member here and lives fairly close by. He uses a skeeter beeter a lot. In fact he bought the one I had for my daughter when she decided camping was not an activity she really wanted to follow. Might be worth dropping him a PM to see what he has to say, unless of course he chimes in here any way.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    Work In Progress
    Insulation
    Work In Progress
    Suspension
    Work In Progress
    Jeez you guys are awesome Thanks for all the help I'll be sure to let anyone know if I need anything I just was reading over that Skeeter Beeter Pro and its not real specific on size specs. Now im no small lad im about 6'2'' and around 310 or so pounds I wouldnt want to climb in this thing and fall thru on my butt Oh and thanks for the price shopping I just used the web site for a photo on of the army navy stores near here started selling them. I got a birthday in a week so maybe ill get a surprise present

Hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PA Pathfinder View Post
    Now im no small lad im about 6'2'' and around 310 or so pounds
    IMO under no circumstances consider the skeeter beeter regular. I think the hammock could be made to support your weight but you would be much too cramped in it. It is a rather small hammock from my experience. I'm 5' 10" and tip the scales at 250 so I'm no petite little guy. I was cramped in the skeeter beeter I got for my daughter. I have not had the opportunity to try a Skeeter Beeter Pro. I do know it is a bigger hammock.

Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DBL & GT Single & nano-7
    Tarp
    Poly Camo 8x10
    Insulation
    KAQLostRiver & Pad
    Suspension
    OEM&WhoopieSlings
    Def make sure the hammock you get is the PRO. I've got a Grand Truck Single that I use for 'hanging around'. And have taken plenty of afternoons off in it. I'm not a small guy, 6'0", 287lbs. and Grand Trunks stuff seems to support me just fine. I haven't overnighted in mine. I'm groundbound when it comes to camping due to sleap apnea.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Pathfinder View Post
    I just was reading over that Skeeter Beeter Pro and its not real specific on size specs.
    The Skeeter Beeter Pro is 60"x120". The regular Skeeter Beeter is 48"x96". The should just go ahead and call them medium and large.

Boris

• + New Posts