Tarp
    Clark Std. XL Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ-Lost River
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

I just bought my first hammock--A used Clark NA

I have trying to figure out how to afford a Clark NA ( I had my choices narrowed down to a HH Deep Jungle and a clark NA)
    Hopefully I made a good choice on what I just did--My first hammock is a used Clark NA that I got on Ebay--An older model, but still has plenty of life in it ( I hope)!
    $155.00 winning bid
    According to the seller
    This hammock had already thru-hiked the AT in 2006 and been across Central America twice, still has years of use, good ropes and only a couple small holes to patch if you are picky.
    Time will tell if I made a good choice or I need to get aquainted with my old pup tent again with a clark NA on top as a rain cover!!! LOL!!

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    MML:
    I will say congrats to you on the purchase. I will say this that it depends on where the holes are on the hammock as to whether you should be concerned. Time will tell and hope you are hanging with us CJH owners and HF members alike, soon.
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by MML View Post
    My first hammock is a used Clark NA that I got on Ebay--An older model, but still has plenty of life in it ( I hope)!
    $155.00 winning bid
    According to the seller
    This hammock had already thru-hiked the AT in 2006 and been across Central America twice, still has years of use, good ropes and only a couple small holes to patch if you are picky.
    !
    Is that price including the tarp???
    Once you get it, check it out really good for those holes. You'll need to patch them. If it's in the main body of the hammock, I'd suggest getting a piece of supplex and sewing it around the hole (on the outside so it doesn't bother you to lay on it). If it's the netting, you can probably just use a small needle and polyester thread and hand sew it. If the holes are in those big outside pockets or in any of the Nylon parts of the hammock, repair with DWR nylon (2nds quality is fine). Do not use any cotton material to patch with or cotton thread. The ropes can be changed out for some amsteel whoopies. Check w/opie here on this board, he's looking in to making a whole system suspension for the Clark. Did tree straps come with it? If not then go on the Clark site and order some new ones.

This is a good site for material & thread, you just have to call them to order though,
    http://www.owfinc.com/

Sounds like if this hammock could talk it would have some serious stories to tell!!

congrats on your find,
    TinaLouise

forgot to mention one thing....If this hammock needs to be washed???!!! Hand wash it in the bathtub with some Dr. Bronners soap, probably the non-scented one. Hand wring it out and drape it over a clothesline outdoors.
    Last edited by TinaLouise; 05-21-2010 at 08:54.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MML View Post
    See now, that's a hammock with character! She'll be good to you I bet. That hammock already wants to be out in the wilds and will make a good adventure buddy.
    Ditch those ropes on the suspension and take a look at the holes. Plenty of ways to patch depending on the locations. Congrats on your new acquisition!
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark Std. XL Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ-Lost River
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TinaLouise View Post
    Is that price including the tarp???
    Once you get it, check it out really good for those holes. You'll need to patch them. If it's in the main body of the hammock, I'd suggest getting a piece of supplex and sewing it around the hole (on the outside so it doesn't bother you to lay on it). If it's the netting, you can probably just use a small needle and polyester thread and hand sew it. If the holes are in those big outside pockets or in any of the Nylon parts of the hammock, repair with DWR nylon (2nds quality is fine). Do not use any cotton material to patch with or cotton thread. The ropes can be changed out for some amsteel whoopies. Check w/opie here on this board, he's looking in to making a whole system suspension for the Clark. Did tree straps come with it? If not then go on the Clark site and order some new ones.

This is a good site for material & thread, you just have to call them to order though,
    http://www.owfinc.com/

Sounds like if this hammock could talk it would have some serious stories to tell!!

congrats on your find,
    TinaLouise

forgot to mention one thing....If this hammock needs to be washed???!!! Hand wash it in the bathtub with some Dr. Bronners soap, probably the non-scented one. Hand wring it out and drape it over a clothesline outdoors.
    Thank you Tinalouise, that is really great helpful advice!! Its people like yourself that make this new adventure so exciting!!
    With the money I saved, I can always replace the tarp if need be and patch whatever minor holes their may be.

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark Std. XL Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ-Lost River
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    See now, that's a hammock with character! She'll be good to you I bet. That hammock already wants to be out in the wilds and will make a good adventure buddy.
    Ditch those ropes on the suspension and take a look at the holes. Plenty of ways to patch depending on the locations. Congrats on your new acquisition!
    I think It will speak to me and tell me stories!!
    With appreciation;
    MML

• + New Posts