Hammock
    kbwaddy
    Tarp
    valesko
    Insulation
    ahurst
    Suspension
    dutch
    i've only had pressure in my wbbb 1.1 dl on my first hang... and the ridgeline was way too tight--(amateur mistake).

i find that once i get on a hard diagonal, its lights out.
    "Jeff-Becking"

DOWNTOWN BROWN!!!!

Hammock
    WB Blackbird & Traveler
    Tarp
    MC SpinntexDeLux
    Insulation
    MW3,Yeti,HGsb,UL90
    Suspension
    WS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    fabric weight makes a difference too, i don't get it at all in the sl1.1
    No calf pressure issue. Hammock is the 1.1 single. Tend to hang the BB with minimal RL tension when loaded. Maybe another factor in selecting your BB is deciding relative flatness of lay vs. potential calf pressure. Be interesting to see the relationship between body weight, fabric weight and calf pressure.
    Noel V.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by koaloha05 View Post
    No calf pressure issue. Hammock is the 1.1 single. Tend to hang the BB with minimal RL tension when loaded. Maybe another factor in selecting your BB is deciding relative flatness of lay vs. potential calf pressure. Be interesting to see the relationship between body weight, fabric weight and calf pressure.
    Yes it will be interesting. Mine is a dbl 1.7. I'm surprised to hear that the single 1.1 may have less "pressure", but it might very well be the case. Great, one more variable to have to figure out. And, is it the fabric weight or single layer vs dbl?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 Dbl/Amok Draumr
    Tarp
    Big Mamajamba
    Insulation
    3 season Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I'm happy to say that I suffered way fewer calf cramps in my wbbb 1.7 than I did in my tttm double. On a 2 night trip, only had problems the first morning. Until reading this thread, I did not know why I woke up every morning with horrible leg cramps. I would have gone to the wbbb sooner if I knew.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Yes it will be interesting. Mine is a dbl 1.7. I'm surprised to hear that the single 1.1 may have less "pressure", but it might very well be the case. Great, one more variable to have to figure out. And, is it the fabric weight or single layer vs dbl?
    Bump. I had forgot about this discussion, and how it ended with this idea of single layer 1.1 having NO pressure. And my question about if the single layer was the main factor? Not sure if Hassinism's 1.7 is single or dbl layer?

But why I wanted to bring this back up: I have noticed that my Speer 8.5 (single layer, 1.9?) is near the very top of my gathered end hammocks/channel hammocks for minimal to zero calf pressure. It is the Speer's biggest advantage for me. I think it is (just barely) second only to my Safari, which is also single layer.

Just wondering if there are any more thoughts on single layer hammocks, or maybe single layer plus certain fabric weight, being superior in lack of calf pressure?

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I have a single 1.7 BB and get calf pressure from time to time with my feet in the footbox side. I tend to go with my feet the other way ..... feet left, head right in my BB.
    No pressure at all that way.
    Being handmade I think that they are all a wee bit different ..... just an un-educated theory.
    Shug of the Yang not the Ying
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WB Blackbird & Traveler
    Tarp
    MC SpinntexDeLux
    Insulation
    MW3,Yeti,HGsb,UL90
    Suspension
    WS
    Images
    The 1.1sl WB Traveler & BugNet arrived last week. My impression is the Traveler has no or less calf pressure relative to the WBBB at a given diagonal lay. Calf pressure on WBBB disappears if at a significant diagonal lay. Not sure if tall people would be able lay at that angle. Need to do a side by side comparison to check out the calf pressure feeling. Wondering if the lack of an integrated bug net is the cause of the perceived difference. Could be an incorrect impression.
    Noel V.

Hammock
    WarbonnetBlackbird
    Tarp
    Olive Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubat Dempsey TQ
    Suspension
    Stock Webbing
    Interesting thread...I posted recently about my first night in my Blackbird, and how my knees were hurting (maybe I'm shorter than you all). Many said they had no problems like this, but this thread seems to show a bit otherwise.

I've still not had a chance to rehang with a little bit looser ridgeline (better angle) as it's either been really raining or super humid. But this week is supposed to cool down and be perfect for a warm sleeper. I'm going to follow some suggestions in this thread and see what happens.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB, WB Traveler
    Tarp
    4 Season Cuben
    Insulation
    CrowsNest, Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    I'm 5'10 150 and i have a 1.7 single and have no issue at all. I go with the 25-30 degree angle with adjustable webbing suspension(not sure that matters), with a bit of give in my ridgeline.

I sorta do a mixture of side/ back sleeping all on a diagonal lay.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    I have a single 1.7 BB and get calf pressure from time to time with my feet in the footbox side. I tend to go with my feet the other way ..... feet left, head right in my BB.
    No pressure at all that way.
    Being handmade I think that they are all a wee bit different ..... just an un-educated theory.
    Shug of the Yang not the Ying
    OK, so here is one(Shug) reporting in with some calf pressure even with SL(but 1.7). But several others with various weights, SL, no pressure. Hmmmm.

Shug, I have never figured out how you make that "head to the right, feet to the left" thing work. I have tried that a few times and it just doesn't feel right. Glad it works for you though. Mine is a dbl layer 1.7. I decided I would go with the heaviest one, because I don't want my pack to get to light.

Quote Originally Posted by koaloha05 View Post
    The 1.1sl WB Traveler & BugNet arrived last week. My impression is the Traveler has no or less calf pressure relative to the WBBB at a given diagonal lay. Calf pressure on WBBB disappears if at a significant diagonal lay. Not sure if tall people would be able lay at that angle. Need to do a side by side comparison to check out the calf pressure feeling. Wondering if the lack of an integrated bug net is the cause of the perceived difference. Could be an incorrect impression.
    Is your WBBB single layer also.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast