For anyone that has looked at my other post "First backyard setup" the fabric should be familiar. I used the leftover to make a pad pocket, and "wings" for the smaller pads. Pad is the wallyworld ccf $14 eggcrate pad. (feels more rubbery than foamy if thats not too technical for everyone here)
The "wing" pads are cut from ccf salvaged from... wait for it..... A set of interlocking mats used for small outdoor dog kennels. They weren't used, and as such, aren't stinky.
Fabric is the same green rip-stop wallyworld as the snakeskins in my previous post. The pad pocket has a small drawstring at the bottom to keep the pad from slipping out. It probably wouldn't, but I like drawstrings. Added plus is that one "wing" seam is toward the front, and the other towards the rear. This makes the spe look the same whether I sleep on the bumpy side, or the slick side. I made the spe mostly because the pad sticks like glue in the hammock, and its nearly impossible to adjust after lying on it.
Just finished making it and have yet to try it out.
Pictures tell most of the story.
Pad is 24" x 72", and wings are 11" wide x 22.5" Both are 3/8"thickness.
After a second measure, the central pad is 1/2" thick at the egg crate points, and the wings are more like 7/16".